perfect marshmallows

radio_jumper

Adventurer
After countless marshmallows ending up the fire, I came across this....

Spinmallow

My 8 and 3 yearold give it 2 thumbs up, and no longer ruin their marshmallows by hitting the ashes when they try to turn 'em.

:camping:

To prevent having a gooey 3 year old before bedtime, we came up with a smore than he can make. He takes the roasted marshmallow and dips it in melted chocolate then in gramcracker crumbs.

Just thought I would pass it along, happy kids = a happy dad.

Corbet

Observer
I saw that thing in the store the other day.

I like to use Fudge Strip cookies rather than the traditional graham cracker / chocolate. Saves a step, cheaper, and the hole in the middle keeps the marshmallow from sliding out the side when eating.

rusty_tlc

Explorer
I'll bet you a doughnut you still wind up with flaming sugary "Tiki Torches" at some point in the evening:wings:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Man, 186 RPM. If it does catch on fire it will fling hot goo everywhere, plus the sound of the motor would kill the pleasure of a camp fire.

My family uses these:
http://www.rei.com/product/739717

They extend out 3.5 feet so you don't cook yourself while using them, and they rotate easily with a little knob on the handle. Perfect marshmallows and piece and quiet... until the sugar hits the kids bloodstream, but that's a much more pleasurable sort of ruckas, don't you think?

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
Man, 186 RPM. If it does catch on fire it will fling hot goo everywhere, plus the sound of the motor would kill the pleasure of a camp fire.

My family uses these:
http://www.rei.com/product/739717

They extend out 3.5 feet so you don't cook yourself while using them, and they rotate easily with a little knob on the handle. Perfect marshmallows and piece and quiet... until the sugar hits the kids bloodstream, but that's a much more pleasurable sort of ruckas, don't you think?

These are the best!

4xdog

Explorer
I guess I'm the odd one out here, but it almost brings a tear to my eye to think that kids need batteries to cook marshmallows now. Seems like we lose something for everything we gain. It's not all progress, to this kid who learned to camp in the early 60s.

Qyota

Still something "special" about whittling a stick for the explicit purpose of roasting marshmallows. It's a forgotten art, I guess.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Hard to do here in the desert. Cactus tines just aren't long to prevent finger scorching :)

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
ugggh i cringe at the thought of my kids using this. my kids love taking our little old swiss knife, searching for a stick and trying to out do eachother on making the perfect marshmallow stick...

campingmom

That's hilarious!

We like finding our own sticks. It's part of the experience. We usually don't remember to find them early in the day, though, and end up hunting in the dark. For those times, a ready made stick would be handy.

Having to bring batteries for the marshmallow roaster just doesn't work for me, though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design