Pete's Tacoma Build

pnorvell

Adventurer
I need to peruse threads other than my subscribed list more often.
Great build. K.I.S.S.
Definitely one of my favorites.

Thanks man! I would love a Flippac one day. Once I'm out there the truck switches over to just existing and *knock on wood* no issues. I won't be able to afford it! Haha! I'm aiming to switch to a dirt bike for the summers for cost savings. We'll see!

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Thanks man! I would love a Flippac one day. Once I'm out there the truck switches over to just existing and *knock on wood* no issues. I won't be able to afford it! Haha! I'm aiming to switch to a dirt bike for the summers for cost savings. We'll see!

I sold my flippac and now have a FWC. It's great. Camped out of my buddies nissan with a shell last weekend in cold Death Valley and it was pretty comfortable.

hoptroll

Pool Boy
I really dig the look you have here. Very functional and utilitarian. Do you know what kind of mileage you are getting? Was also curious if you are still running the stock UCA's and if so, have you had any problems with alignment?

webdr

Love the rig. I have a 13 taco and want to go the steel whel route. Can you tell me, what sze lift and what brand is it? What mpg are you getting with the taller tire?

pnorvell

Adventurer
Love the rig. I have a 13 taco and want to go the steel whel route. Can you tell me, what sze lift and what brand is it? What mpg are you getting with the taller tire?

The lift is an Ironman "B" lift all around, equating to roughly 2.75" at install and setting around 2.25". If you plan to put a bumper/winch combo up front I highly recommend spending the money on their "C" spring as it's rated for additional weight. Ironman get's a lot of **** for being "new" or "not quality" but I couldn't disagree more when it comes to their suspension. I've put nearly 20k miles on this suspension with no issues, none.

As for the MPG's that's all in how you drive. I'll have some days where I see as low 13mpg and others (albeit rarely :sombrero:) I'll see closer to 19mpg. A true reading is hard to come by as your speedometer is off with bigger tires which also relates to your mileage. It doesn't help that I drive the thing like a race car either, but you get the point!

Last edited:

jtkkzs

Your truck looks great, I am looking for the same spare steel wheel 16" for my '05 Tacoma

what exact suspension lift kit do you have?

Jeff H

Adventurer
I love this truck! Its what motivated me to buy a white Tacoma. :drool: Hopefully you don't mind me borrowing some ideas from it! The white 16 hole steel wheels are a perfect fit for the truck.

pnorvell

Adventurer
Your truck looks great, I am looking for the same spare steel wheel 16" for my '05 Tacoma

what exact suspension lift kit do you have?

I'm running the Ironman B lift on this truck. It's held up tremendously and would align it with the OME lineup.

I love this truck! Its what motivated me to buy a white Tacoma. :drool: Hopefully you don't mind me borrowing some ideas from it! The white 16 hole steel wheels are a perfect fit for the truck.

Thanks for the kind words! I stood on the sidelines for quite awhile lusting over Tacomas. It's exactly what I wanted and I'm currently updating a few things. Now that this thread is coming back to life I'll update it once I'm done!

:Wow1: WOW Pete, THAT is one killer looking Taco aye... LOVE the look and the rims alone just make that truck look SO cool (and the "flares" that you laid out in the bed liner too, just noticed that). Lovely truck you've built mate, great work.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave, thanks man! The front has settled quite a bit with the bumper/winch combo but I am still running the B's. Not sure if I'll do the C's or simply leave it how it is. It's amazing how the grass is always greener idea comes to mind when I see the truck pre-bumper. It was clean and simply back then. Absolutely love my ARB, but really like the look of the hidden winch/Warn Transformer look.

capturecolorado

Hooray bikes!
Nice build dude! I (along with what seems like everyone else) love those wheels! That's exactly the wheel setup I've been hoping to get together for my truck as well. Nice work!

kman6127

Just repeating everyone else's input but this is my favorite Taco build. Always reminds me not to over do things and keep it clean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach