Phoenix: Dependable shop for control arm bushings

seth_js

Explorer
Looking for a good shop to swap out my passenger side lower control arm bushings. The dealership wants 4 hours of labor ($385), which I think is rediculous. 4 Wheelers on Washington will do it for $200, but I can't get in for a week or two. I'm hoping to get it done this week. Any suggestions?

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
seth_js said:
Looking for a good shop to swap out my passenger side lower control arm bushings. The dealership wants 4 hours of labor ($385), which I think is rediculous. 4 Wheelers on Washington will do it for $200, but I can't get in for a week or two. I'm hoping to get it done this week. Any suggestions?

Did you check with Carlos over at Toybox auto?

njtaco

Explorer
Seth,

Can you do any of the work yourself? Toyota of Dallas has the lower control arm listed for $158.00, if I'm reading it right. I'm not sure if it comes with bushings installed, and of course you'll need to get the truck aligned.

Just thinking out loud...I hate paying for work I can do myself...

Bob

seth_js

Explorer
flyingwil said:
Did you check with Carlos over at Toybox auto?

Yup, first place I went. He said he could only find bushings for a Tundra/Sequioa, but he called the company and they said it would work on a Tacoma. So he ordered them and they were supposed to be there in a couple days. He was going to check them out when they got there to make sure they would work, and then call me to schedule. a week and a half later still no call, so I called him. No one answered, so I left a voicemail. No return call. So then I looked around for the bushing myself and of course the first place I look (daystar) has a bushing kit specifically for my Tacoma. So anyways, I ordered up their bushing kit ($80), now just need to get it installed.

Last edited:

seth_js

Explorer
njtaco said:
Seth,

Can you do any of the work yourself? Toyota of Dallas has the lower control arm listed for $158.00, if I'm reading it right. I'm not sure if it comes with bushings installed, and of course you'll need to get the truck aligned.

Just thinking out loud...I hate paying for work I can do myself...

Bob

Toyota of Dallas is usually cheaper than the dealerships here, but that is quite a bit cheaper. That is for the entire arm. which I was quoted $215 for here. I ended up getting an entire bushing kit from Daystar for $80.

I'm fairly mechanical, but my main problem is lack of tools and place to work on my truck. My home owners association are a bunch of nazi's, and are now starting to fine me every time I work on my truck. Of course the president of the HOA is a bitter old lady who lives directly across from me.

njtaco

Explorer
seth_js said:
Of course the president of the HOA is a bitter old lady who lives directly across from me.

Better drop off an Easter basket and a bucket of Tulips this weekend...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333