picked up some NOS Military aluminum storage boxes

roberto

Adventurer
found these at military surplus, gonna use them for cargo boxes on my CDN
M101 trailer. NOS military aluminum medical boxes, very strong/ light weight, never used
36" x 19" x 11". $15 a piece, 10 latches on each box to fasten down weatherstripped lids.

R

Attachments

• cargoboxes.JPG
    cargoboxes.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,429

bmonday

Adventurer
Yep, AKA "Medical Supply Crate"

They work well as a tongue box. Ask me how I know...

m416_front_corner.jpg

overlander

Expedition Leader
those are great. We have those around in our TMC. Does that surplus store sell online? I could use a few of those.

D

Deleted member 9101

those are great. We have those around in our TMC. Does that surplus store sell online? I could use a few of those.

******** @ sell... as soon as they leave or conex unsecured I will have some...:wings:

overlander

Expedition Leader
******** @ sell... as soon as they leave or conex unsecured I will have some...:wings:

You must be a medical insider. All medical supplies are apparently watched like bullion in a combat zone. I will keep my eye out, but for $15, almost easier to buy online if I could and have it shipped straight home.

D

Deleted member 9101

You must be a medical insider. All medical supplies are apparently watched like bullion in a combat zone. I will keep my eye out, but for $15, almost easier to buy online if I could and have it shipped straight home.

Supplies are watched closely.. not the boxes they store them in...lol

roberto

Adventurer
yeah these are medical supply storage boxes but built to last but they are being phased out if not already, everything is pretty much going to the tuff box, contico, pelican boxes now. Wanted some Zarge boxes but dont have the $$ but these probably just as good and for the price and NOS I had to have. At any large military installation there are tons of surplus stores around but most of these boxes are used and around $50 or more.

R

overlander

Expedition Leader
yeah these are medical supply storage boxes but built to last but they are being phased out if not already, everything is pretty much going to the tuff box, contico, pelican boxes now. Wanted some Zarge boxes but dont have the $$ but these probably just as good and for the price and NOS I had to have. At any large military installation there are tons of surplus stores around but most of these boxes are used and around $50 or more.

R

Yep, they are not hard to find, unless you're trying to find them for $15.

GTABurnout

Explorer
Damn I am always looking for boxes that size at my local surpluss store but all they seem to get are beat down stuff and ammo cans....

lowenbrau

Explorer
I got a couple slightly beat up ones at a flea market in San Jose and paid about $50 each. That still seems like a bargain after four years or so. They are nice cases. I'd love to get my hands on some more but they are practically unobtanium in Canada.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design