Pics of your VAN! Post up!

TrainingWheelz

Thanks, the extra headroom makes a huge difference in interior volume! Not quite to full size realm but kept cost down while still getting the necessary AWD for winter trips.

MTN DAWG

Thanks y'all.

It has a number limitation, but for what it is, it has been great so far. Headed out on 3-5 year North America trip starting on 22 Oct. Hope it lasts for 3-5 years :).

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Thanks y'all.

It has a number limitation, but for what it is, it has been great so far. Headed out on 3-5 year North America trip starting on 22 Oct. Hope it lasts for 3-5 years :).

You post a rig of such awesomeness and almost no background info or pictures of details? Sir, this can not stand! Give, so that all the best ideas and/or features may be ripped off by those of inferior imagination (me). :)

MTN DAWG

As for pics of the interior, I don't have any post able but plan on taking some next week (will put some up then).

The back story is a long one, so here is the short version (very few like long stories).

The wife and I were looking at Earth cruisers, SMB, XP campers, etc. none were 100% what we wanted. I came across a picture of an older Ford E350 based 25ft class C motorhome that had been converted. Of course I said "hell, I can do that". Just so everyone knows, yes I had a few beers at that point.

So we started looking, found this one and bought it for...wait for it... $900 :Wow1: had to do a little work to it, then drove it some 90 miles home that night.

She was gutted within 48 hours.

A year and a half later the above picture was taken on Pismo beach.

A few in-progress pics below...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

MTN DAWG

You post a rig of such awesomeness and almost no background info or pictures of details? Sir, this can not stand! Give, so that all the best ideas and/or features may be ripped off by those of inferior imagination (me). :)

Thanks for the ego boosters. All of the ideas are strait forward and fairly easy, they have to be for my redneck mind (wait, rednecks put us on the moon).

For a little bit more on the background, we have started a blog to help stay in touch with Fam and friends while we travel. I have a "the rig" page.
http://mtndawgslife.blogspot.com

Fugly

Adventurer
MTN DAWG
Thanks for posting those pic's ...
and the link to your blog....
$900 for the base good score....

Cheers
Fugly

1tonvan4x

Here's my '79 GMC Vandura 35 w/Pathfinder conversion, mild 350 [was 400 SBC] TH350/NP 205, 14bolt rr/Dana 44 frt, 4:09 gear. It's a little rusty on top but it runs and pulls great and it will go anywhere even with a trailer.

Attachments

• 100_2328.jpg
    100_2328.jpg
    538.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 100_0146.jpg
    100_0146.jpg
    547.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 100_0909.jpg
    100_0909.jpg
    593 KB · Views: 60
  • 100_2295.jpg
    100_2295.jpg
    569.9 KB · Views: 59

MTN DAWG

Here's my '79 GMC Vandura 35 w/Pathfinder conversion, mild 350 [was 400 SBC] TH350/NP 205, 14bolt rr/Dana 44 frt, 4:09 gear. It's a little rusty on top but it runs and pulls great and it will go anywhere even with a trailer.

Got to love the older Chevys, run forever, easy and cheap to work on!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3