Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Justone

Guess I should post a picture.....

08282013793.jpgShe's a 1977 G35 from Nevada. I'm third owner, needs work but has great bones. She's one of three vans I have now. Long story..... :ylsmoke:
07222013766.jpg My first van was a White G20 3/4ton HD Shorty from our local Hydro company. Bought it for me and my son to haul dirt bikes in, then did a camper conversion and drove it to Alaska and back. After that I kept my eye open for a Diesel G20, found one and bought it (Black G20).03292014930.jpg Bones on the diesel are....well lets just say bad:eek: So the plan was to swap the 6.2 in to my White G20. Two days before committing to a 4x4 conversion I saw the Pathfinder on Craigslist and bought it. So now I have to consolidate all the good stuff into the Pathfinder. But the Admiral says tile work in the bath room comes first. Go NAVY!

Jb1rd

Explorer
Does this beauty belong to anyone here, mid to late 80's Syncro with a Joker roof added, it was parked at the Shell station in West Vail. It has Illinois plates on it!!

Attachments

• joker.jpg
    joker.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 58

Stitebunny

Adventurer
At Mt. Baker Monday and Tuesday.
image.jpg

Crystal right now.
image.jpg

Have seen a ton of other 4x4 vans and some sportsmobiles while out this week!

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
i'll play

My 1968 Chevy Sportvan 108 Custom with 3/4 ton axles, 6" lift, 34.5" x 11.5" MT's, Chevy 5.7 TBI, th400, np241c, electric power assist steering, pop top..........everything very custom, modified to FIT. Tons still to do, but she runs and drives! 20150605_125215_resized.jpg20151207_122717_resized.jpg20151207_122717_resized.jpg

mgmetalworks

Explorer
^^ Cool ol' van!

I'm really taking a liking to the older vans. I see projects like this and I feel like I may have to do a resto-mod build after my new van is done. Thanks for sharing!

onemanarmy

Explorer

onemanarmy

Explorer
View attachment 322302She's a 1977 G35 from Nevada. I'm third owner, needs work but has great bones. She's one of three vans I have now. Long story..... :ylsmoke:
View attachment 322301 My first van was a White G20 3/4ton HD Shorty from our local Hydro company. Bought it for me and my son to haul dirt bikes in, then did a camper conversion and drove it to Alaska and back. After that I kept my eye open for a Diesel G20, found one and bought it (Black G20).View attachment 322307 Bones on the diesel are....well lets just say bad:eek: So the plan was to swap the 6.2 in to my White G20. Two days before committing to a 4x4 conversion I saw the Pathfinder on Craigslist and bought it. So now I have to consolidate all the good stuff into the Pathfinder. But the Admiral says tile work in the bath room comes first. Go NAVY!

Love the steel wheels on the grey van. Can never go wrong with that choice,

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
well that is quite something.

how do you get the engine out? From the bottom? I'd like to see how it is setup.

Yep, dropped the front axle and put (shoe horn) the engine in from the bottom. Had to modify the doghouse for the alternator and radiator. I'll get a pic up soon.

Abitibi

Explorer
Chilivanilli, Now we're talking! Where did the roof come from? Here's a picture of mine...

932c90a6d9a2aec4e2fe7803b85fe47c.jpg

The roof pops up as well but looks more like a turtle ;)

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
Holy crap that's tight!! I guess I can cross a Duramax off the list of "engines that might fit in an old van".

There is a guy that has a Cummins 24 valve in one, and that was one of my options, but I went with the Chevy 5.7 350, because of ease of finding parts. And you're a fabricator, so you should be able to make anything fit, not saying it would be easy....

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
Chilivanilli, Now we're talking! Where did the roof come from? Here's a picture of mine...

932c90a6d9a2aec4e2fe7803b85fe47c.jpg

The roof pops up as well but looks more like a turtle ;)

Sweet van! Not sure what the top is, and I have only found one old picture of one on the same year van as mine, but a full camper model. The pop top was a big influence on deciding to buy this project. Can't really use it for sleeping, but it's nice to be able to fully stand up and move around. Plus there is no canvas to rot out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues