Pictures of "do-everything" trailers please!

outdoornate65

Adventurer
I'm continuing my research into possibly building a camping/utility/gear-hauling/tailgating
trailer.

I love the idea of the dedicated off-road trailers like the AT and Sierras but their limited scope/usefulness has me wondering if there is a more utilitarian answer to my needs.

Since I spend as much time working on my house and attending soccer tourneys with my kids as I do camping, it would be nice to have a small trailer that will haul mulch.....drywall....kid's bikes...AND double as a camping trailer with maybe an awning and a couple side boxes that could be set-up as a kitchen.

Has anyone tackled this type of projects and if so do you have a picture of your finished trailer to share. I'd be interested in what worked and what did not as your trailer evolved.

Thanks....

Nate

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
I'm just starting my do everything trailer build. ( my 2 trailers build)
I just posted it a few days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idlehour

Observer
Check out the lifetime tent trailer from Costco. I just got one and it is a pretty good do it all compromise for our needs.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...railer-costco?highlight=Lifetime+tent+trailer

It makes a nice little utility trailer with sides. It has decent clearence. It is easy to add bigger tires or lift if you want too. The tent has 2 full beds and I can strap whatever I want to(~1000 lbs iirc) the deck when camping(bikes, kayaks, tables, chairs, firewood, coolers, unruly children etc). It takes up a bit of space unfolded (3 spots) but it might make a Nice tailgate platform(literally) without the tent.
One caveat is the bed is smaller than 4x8. The jumping Jack trailers were bigger (~1 ton capacity iirc) and had a 4x8 deck.

MIhunter

Here is a pic of my modified M101A1. On this one I did an axle swap (5200lbs), BFG AT's E rate 265/75/16's, custom 5 sided cover. I also welded up a simple basket for the tongue that will hold 7 jerry cans or a large cooler. I also added a large ammo can for a few small items

photo7.jpg

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd430/mihunter1/photo7.jpg

Last edited:

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Everything trailer

Everything hauler trailer, camping trailer with a side table for cooking, umbrella for shade, I use it for all house work, we have had a load of pumpkins, dirt, mulch and took it camping several times.

Future plans are a camp kitchen built to hang on the side and a RTT for shelter on a custom made rack. Love the trailer pulls great was a great price and follows behind where ever I go.

Attachments

• DSC05656.JPG
    DSC05656.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC05705.JPG
    DSC05705.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC05665.JPG
    DSC05665.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 52

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Nice trailers, MIhunter and Mark! Me likey the re-purposed U.S. M101s. That's a great size box for a utility/do-all trailer.

'05TJLWBRUBY

Adventurer
Here's my most recent multi-purpose build:

IMG_6240.jpg

And it's first dump run load:

IMG_6251.jpg

It will be at elk camp here in a couple weeks. M416 is going this weekend, then the "bomb shelter build" will go up for full season. Had a build thread here for a while, but let it slide. Had to make some last minute changes to the trailer itself and add a bunch more steel, add a couple doors, etc. for other reasons. Empty weight is 1360 with 160 lbs. tongue. Have a full size lid roughly 18" deep as well for it with light gauge steel frame and skinned in aluminum-it weighs about 130 total, roughly. Pulls great behind the Jeep loaded up. Still need to wire in brake controller in the Jeep but otherwise does great.

Best of Luck,

Mike

80DDYota

Here's mine,

This is the exact reason why I built this trailer. Dump runs, haul tools, and the rack is 49" wide for plywood and sheet rock. Material on top while your tools in the side compartments and other material (paint, joint compound, tile, what ever you need for a project) below.
This will also allow me to power up tools (welder, fab tools) for side work that is away from a power source.
For the weekends, go wheeling or not with fire wood, bikes, camping gear, and the tent on top!!

"All Purpose"
Photo220.jpg

Photo221.jpg

No photos :(
I had two mountain bikes with cooler full of beer, one cooler for food, sleeping bags, 2 RC crawlers and misc stuff in the side storage. Yesteray I hauled a DANA 60 that belonged to the Kaiser M-715 with gas cans and compressor.
At the momment I have fluids for the Bronco during towing.
The top of the bed will be coming later......

jeffjeeptj

Adventurer
I have a 5X8 enclosed cargo with an easily removed interior consisting of a bunk, Odyssey PC2250 battery, charger, table, storage drawers, some e-track for lashing, insulated walls/ceiling, inverter, 110V shore power inlet, window, fantastic fan. Wife and I are 58 and bought the 5' wide to tow behind the Wrangler. If we were only to use the Sequoia we would have bought a 6' wide. Mods for the trailer are still in progress, but there is a rack for the roof to hold two kayaks as well as a piece of uni-strut front to rear for the awning to mount to as well as a hanger for the sunshower and camp lantern.
All interior pieces come out very easily so the enclosed cargo space can be used as intended for whatever.

HTH

Attachments

• Balsam Marker 010.JPG
    Balsam Marker 010.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
I'm really happy with my Lifetime Tent Trailer. It takes 2 minutes to slide the tent out and convert it to a high-side cargo trailer.

Broncbuster

Here is mine I built out of scrap, and discount materials. Only had to buy the axle, lights and jack new. Took about 2 weeks of work. I use it around the farm, camping and to haul materials when I don't want to use my truck.

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    543.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 21

Forum statistics

Threads