pistol decision - 9mm

njsjeep

Observer
Another strong recommendation for CZ pistols, specifically, consider the P01.

I own and shoot pistols from Glock, Sig, FN, S&W, Springfield and CZ. I also owned and sold a Ruger SR9. The CZ pistols are, for me, by far the best combination of shootability, performance and price. My favorite is a CZ-custom Shadow T but it isn't a carry piece. My favorite, non-CZ is my Fnx-9, it out shoots more expensive pistols; it is a sleeper.

Last edited:

Viggen

Just here...
Another strong recommendation for CZ pistols, specifically, consider the P01.

Oh yeah! We are in the minority though. Those that know, know well. Those that havent shot one dont know how good they are. Ill take my CZ 75B over just about anything.

NothingClever

Explorer
I don't have much technical advice but I'm reminded of a great quote...."It's the painter, not the brush."

I've had the privilege of working with guys who have nearly unlimited budgets for pistols and enjoy exclusive, personalized armorer support. You'd be surprised at what they shoot. But, as you're probably anticipating, I'd bet my paycheck they can outshoot under very real physical and emotional duress the great majority of those touting this brand or that brand. But, to be fair, shooting is what we do for a living so maybe the playing field isn't all that fair.

Anyways....

Go to a well-resourced gun shop and handle the weapons you are considering. Work the action (if they'll let you), familiarize yourself with the controls and then manipulate the weapon as much as you can with your eyes closed.

Get what fits your hands, your intended use and your wallet, not what will impress people on a forum.

Go the range and spend A LOT OF TIME working on dry fire drills. Resist the tempation to start frittering awat box after box of ammo. THEN, if you can afford it, put several thousand rounds through the weapon always with specific skill objectives in mind (IOW, plinking is verboten). Foundation courses from a reputable shooting coach will help a lot to develop your tables (skill objectives).

If you do all that, the brand will quickly become secondary.

2 E L O

Adventurer
I have a S&W M&P Compact 9mm that's a great shooter, been 100% reliable, and is easy to conceal in my Comp-Tac MTAC Minotaur holster..... Couldn't recommend this combo enough!

Caoboy

Adventurer
Out of the three you chose, i'd say the Glock. Mainly because I shoot Glocks. I like them. I'd reccommend taking all three for a test drive, and shooting a bunch of groups with each gun and see what you shoot the best, and what feels the best (probably the same gun)

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
I am a Glock fan as well. I carry a glock daily as a cop so I am partial. I also have the Glock 26 (sub 9mm)as my back up and it has been a great pistol. Glock maybe not be #1 for a comp gun right out of the box but it has been proven to be a reliable gun with little maintenance and a simple break-down procedure if you like to clean it a lot.

Last edited:

broken1

Observer
Glock, but look at the 17 and the 19 side by side. The 19 isn't a mouse gun (there isn't a HUGE difference in size) and FOR ME the 17 felt more natural and I shoot better with it. I CC it, but I have a large frame it may or may not work for you.

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
not even a choice. Beretta Para 9, the other options are not even close. I am also a fan of the taurus 24/7 but I would not buy anything smaller than the 40. IMO thats the best it gets from taurus I actually shoot a millennium pro (PT145 w/ pic rail) in the 45acp.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I carry the XD 3.5 barrel in 9mm. To me it looks a little wider than the glock, making it tougher to conceal. But the gun has been trouble free, never jammed.

dflesher65

Certifiable
Check out the Sig 2022, great gun, great price! Also check out the Sig 226 or 229. For a subcompact I like the River SR9C.
Dwight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal