Polaris RZR XP Turbo Build Off Vehicle

bmzero

Observer
Voted for you. Sweet rig. Very outside the box for a rzr

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

I got almost everything setup on the trailer roof rack/camp table and snapped a couple of photos. The solar panel on the trailer will be next.

a0687cad-0b03-41e8-8697-56cc6abbb1c0-s.jpg

View High Resolution Photo

878ade5e-8e9a-4016-b447-3a3532c03706-s.jpg

View High Resolution Photo

Last edited:

tgreening

Expedition Leader
I cant believe the votes on some of those. I see absolutely nothing special about what's been done for the 1st place rig, with what sounds like just a bunch of bolt-on. But they sure knew how to play the patriotism card what with the flag paint job, the "bought American" angle, and the Proud to be 'Murican speech. Marketing strikes again.

You got my vote.

bmzero

Observer
Thanks.

I agree. I thought it was a build off, not a bolt-on-off. :victory:

I'm skeptical of the amount of votes for some of the other RZR's. They take huge jumps in a very short period of time. Smells fishy to me. I'm going to keep my conscious clean and just hope that I have built a vehicle people are passionate about and will spend a few seconds casting a vote for it.

bmzero

Observer
Please take a few seconds to cast a vote on the Polaris Facebook page for this build. I want to send them a message that the expedition world is ready for a purpose built UTV. With enough votes, I'm hopeful that we could see a Limited Edition RZR XP Turbo, Expedition Edition!

Voting link - Polaris Facebook page

Here are a few more photos I took of this RZR when I had it in Southern California. I have it back home in Alabama now.

IMG_3083.jpg

IMG_3075.jpg

IMG_3084.jpg

bmzero

Observer
Voting ends on tonight at midnight (CST), if you have not voted and have a spare 20 seconds, please cast a vote at the Polaris Facebook Page.

I took everything out to a local off road park to test it out and get some more photos. It went very well.

Project XPD - Fire Shoot-1.jpg

Project XPD - Fire Shoot-2.jpg

Project XPD - Fire Shoot-3.jpg

Project XPD - Fire Shoot-6.jpg

Project XPD - Fire Shoot-7.jpg

Project XPD - Fire Shoot-9.jpg

Project XPD - Fire Shoot-11.jpg

Project XPD - Fire Shoot-12.jpg

bmzero

Observer
Unfortunately, there wasn't enough interest in it to justify the tooling to build them as a product. This one was built one-off out of aluminum. We figured it would cost about $4k to build another one. It was about a week's worth of work for one to two skilled aluminum body guys.

It would be great to have them built out of ABS plastic and molded to perfection, but that process is about $25k (plus or minus). It just didn't make sense for a handful of requests.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy