POR-15 alternative.

whistler110

Observer
A friend of mine who is a Stude collector and Mechanic/Mechanics Instructor was recently telling me that the classic car clubs have been having issues with POR-15 not sticking or peeling off over time. They figure the quality has gone down or there is a bad batch. The classic car guys have started switching to this product by Hirsch automotive, they claim it goes on easier and is holding up better. I thought I'd just pass it along.

http://www.hirschauto.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=27&Product_ID=10&CATID=1

akraven

I used POR15 on the floor of my Landcruiser and prepped it exactly according to directions with metal prep. It lasted about six months and started peeling in big peices. Very unimpressive. akraven

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
I have been using Zero Rust. A lot of the hot rodders like it too, which usually means it works great. Photos somewhere in the thread on my sig, I did my axles with it and may possibly do the frame too...

7wt

Expedition Leader
I had mine done at Zeibart about three years ago and still looks great. The only spots that need a touch up are places like the bottom of the rear diff that has been dragged over logs, rocks and stuff. The best $200 I've spent on my truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle