Portrait Shots (show us your best)

photoman

Explorer
John- nice work. The 2nd shot of your daughter is great!

The one of you could use some adjustments on your midpoint to give a little more contrast. This should help give a little more 'pop' versus the light on you being fairly flat.

photoman

Explorer
Some more of my recent shoot. Most of these have some fill flash being used.

i-vtLZmtQ-XL.jpg

i-qzt5kzb-L.jpg

i-qd7Vp8f-XL.jpg

i-FmGV8qC-L.jpg

i-TR3sPDJ-L.jpg

Slightly blurry portrait of my family and I. I set the camera then tossed it to my buddy that was with us. It was nearly dark, hence the blurryness.
1266253_989444339071_498238239_o.jpg

And one of our forum members.
1167282_989443889971_1283075457_o.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Family portrait of my little family and I. Setup the camera and had a fellow expo member snap away.

Scott, did you use a flash to light that shot, or is it just HDR pushed up a bit? I see a bit of the halo effect, but that doesn't account for the fill lighting (I think?)

Scott, did you use a flash to light that shot, or is it just HDR pushed up a bit? I see a bit of the halo effect, but that doesn't account for the fill lighting (I think?)

I don't recall if the flash fired. Will look later. I pushed up the HDR effect in LR4 I tried to limit the halo look. My only complaint about the pic is that my wife's face is a little too dark after seeing it on a different computer... In fact the whole image looks a little darker on this computer.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
that must have been a lively shoot. The eyes are too much though. And I'd probably scrub the sheen off her right cheek and chin....and maybe add it down between..., well, you know. Also, I'd clone out the hem of her jeans

Simple travel portrait. My wife and eldest daughter in front of the Tetons.
1267004_989444279191_485375920_o.jpg

The prettiest, bestest navigator I've ever had.
526307_985625666721_958490888_n.jpg
(Cell phone pic and instagram)

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
I don't recall if the flash fired. Will look later. I pushed up the HDR effect in LR4 I tried to limit the halo look. My only complaint about the pic is that my wife's face is a little too dark after seeing it on a different computer... In fact the whole image looks a little darker on this computer.

I dont know how to use Lightroom, so I dont know if it has this feature, but open the image in Photoshop and use the Dodge Tool set to Mid-Tones and lighten the face up a touch if you think it's too dark.

If you're getting a halo effect, that same tool, but set to burn can reduce or get rid of the halo 100%

Just a tip, but cool family photo anyways

I dont know how to use Lightroom, so I dont know if it has this feature, but open the image in Photoshop and use the Dodge Tool set to Mid-Tones and lighten the face up a touch if you think it's too dark.

If you're getting a halo effect, that same tool, but set to burn can reduce or get rid of the halo 100%

Just a tip, but cool family photo anyways

Yeah Pat, I have that ability in Lightroom. I just haven't had the opportunity to go back and re-edit the photo. Too many projects, so little time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3