Post favorite pics of your rig and trailer

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Just picked this beauty up last weekend and spent some time roaming southern California. Stay tuned for a featured series on the front page of Expedition Portal and a build thread here in the forum!

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
We got in at 3am and had to be at socal around 9 the next morning. We pretty much slept and drank rum on the beach the whole day then headed back toward az. We will be returning however!

Petrolburner

Explorer
10700006_10100698922800613_4348113284587892841_o.jpg

10678763_10100691190062083_3196554854042321256_n.jpg

Terex

Adventurer
Take a good saw with you when you go to the North Rim back country. When the wind blows, it's very common for trees to fall across the roads.

I packed a Silky Sugowaza my my trip to the north and south rims. Didn't need it, but other than a chain saw, it will do the trick. Just have to post my favorite product review of all time, from the Silky web site:

This thing is fantastic. I'm not a professional, so it will probably last me for decades.Coming back from a camping trip, a hardwood tree had fallen across the road. The hillbilly on the other side said he didn't have a saw. I said, "I do" and pulled this out of the car.When he first saw it, he said "Oh, I thought you meant a chainsaw." I ignored him and ripped through the 6-8 inch trunk in a minute or two. When I was done he said something like "Wow, that works good."On a side note: I also killed a rattle snake with an oar on that trip. I'm a man.Made in Japan, that's nice. You can pretend it's a sword, raise it above your head, and scream "SUUGOOOWAAAZZAAAAA!" People won't look at you funny, because they'll recognize- you're here to cut s#!% down. Rumor is, these saws were developed post-World War II, to arm the people against Godzilla. I don't doubt it.

bikemanx2

Observer
I packed a Silky Sugowaza my my trip to the north and south rims. Didn't need it, but other than a chain saw, it will do the trick. Just have to post my favorite product review of all time, from the Silky web site:

This thing is fantastic. I'm not a professional, so it will probably last me for decades.Coming back from a camping trip, a hardwood tree had fallen across the road. The hillbilly on the other side said he didn't have a saw. I said, "I do" and pulled this out of the car.When he first saw it, he said "Oh, I thought you meant a chainsaw." I ignored him and ripped through the 6-8 inch trunk in a minute or two. When I was done he said something like "Wow, that works good."On a side note: I also killed a rattle snake with an oar on that trip. I'm a man.Made in Japan, that's nice. You can pretend it's a sword, raise it above your head, and scream "SUUGOOOWAAAZZAAAAA!" People won't look at you funny, because they'll recognize- you're here to cut s#!% down. Rumor is, these saws were developed post-World War II, to arm the people against Godzilla. I don't doubt it.

Haha that's awesome! I have a katana boy and it is definitely a great tool.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Terex

Adventurer
Very Nice... I'm hoping to explore the North Rim quite a bit next year.

What trailer is that?

Edit to Add: Wow, just checked out your Photography Web Site. You have some really amazing Photo's.

I agree - great photos! And, we camped at the same spot on the south rim. I made exactly the same shades of grey photo (slightly different shades) when camped near the South Bass trailhead. We were camped there in May, after the Expo. There were fires in the Sedona area, and my plans of getting some great shots of the canyon were revised when atmospherics were altered by particulate matter. I'll post when I can figure out how. Thanks for sharing the site - we both share an interest in hummingbirds.

dcoy

Adventurer
Some new captures of the rig/trailer on site in Southern Utah

Valley of the Gods:

White Canyon (near Hite/Glen Canyon NRA/Lake Powell):

On Boulder Mountain:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk