Post Pic's of your Jeep

BAH

Hello all, new to this forum and first post. Lots of great looking rigs here. I have had my 2008WK Diesel for 2 years now, loving it (my first Jeep). We are just using it for our DD and a few back road adventures in the local woods. Lots of trails to explore around here on the North shore of Lake Superior. But are looking to start adventuring further afield. The Missus has not had a lot of success in camping in her past, so we are starting slowly. We both would like to do some long range trips in the future.
Here are a few pics of our WK, has a 2in OME lift and 32" Silent Armour tires. Got a few extra plates of armour on the bottom too.

Attachments

• _IGP6962.JPG
    _IGP6962.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 62
  • _IGP6974.JPG
    _IGP6974.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG00045-20110122-1624.jpg
    IMG00045-20110122-1624.jpg
    579.9 KB · Views: 43

bldeagle10

Explorer
IMG_4883.jpg

IMG_4887.jpg

IMG_4888.jpg

IMG_4889.jpg

IMG_4890.jpg

IMG_4892.jpg

IMG_4893.jpg

IMG_4894.jpg

IMG_4895.jpg

IMG_4885.jpg

Heat Miser

It's a Little Guy and it was just delivered a couple of days ago.
I'm afraid it's a bit on the heavy side; I wasn't expecting quite so much armor... ...our first trip will be this upcoming weekend and I hope the JK is up to it.

Thanks. I found your teardrop thread and subscribed. If you don't mind: Do you have the towing package? Transmission cooler? Thanks in advance.

bob91yj

Resident **************
I hate to be a downer, but pics of us blasting across stream/creek beds are exactly what the eco-nazis use against us. Nature gets the best of us time to time, best to post pics depicting "Tread Lightly" on the 'net.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Thanks. I found your teardrop thread and subscribed. If you don't mind: Do you have the towing package? Transmission cooler? Thanks in advance.
RR hitch receiver, wiring of my own (un-advanced) design, and a cooler is on order from 4WParts.
The autotrans got hot on me 3 times in about 11,000 miles of towing the Conqueror that I had. Once in GA in 4-low on a steep hill, once in TX on a hill on the interstate, and once in NM on the way up to Ruidoso on a 4-lane.
Annoying but not life-threatening.

068_crop.jpg

drbandkgb

Xterra Junky
I hate to be a downer, but pics of us blasting across stream/creek beds are exactly what the eco-nazis use against us. Nature gets the best of us time to time, best to post pics depicting "Tread Lightly" on the 'net.

I see a trail.... My only issue with TL is when you can tell some one seen a ditch and went mudding... That P!sses me off... I have many pix of me riding in off road parks where the trail runs in to a creek...

And PS Im a big TL nazi

Uticon

Adventurer

Blasting through a puddle that is on a designated trail or road is exactly what you are supposed to do.
Going around it and making a new trail is not treading lightly!

theksmith

Explorer
Blasting through a puddle that is on a designated trail or road is exactly what you are supposed to do.
Going around it and making a new trail is not treading lightly!

your 100% right regarding not widening or creating new tracks to avoid water or mud. however he's referring to the higher speed splashing, not the fact you crossed a creek - the idea is to "minimize impact"

Last edited:

bldeagle10

Explorer

its a very very well traveled main road, and i really wasnt driving that fast at all. it wasnt some random stream out in the middle of no where, in cases like that it would be different.

MC4X4

Observer
here is a couple of mine. Sorry about them being a bit grainy, I had to shrink them

Last edited:

buddha

Adventurer
mc4xr, what roof rack is that? I'm assuming it mounts to the roll bar through the hard top and makes removing the hard top a serious pain?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal