Post Pic's of your Jeep

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Foolish mortals! My '07 KJ has just over 95,000.:smiley_drive:

My '00 TJ has just under 57K on it! But it's not my fault, as I'm the 3rd owner. :elkgrin: Come May, the miles will start racking up! (Moab May 4th-14th)

Trail dog and Jeep, all in one pic!! :coffeedrink:

IMG_20120110_165201.jpg

postalWagon

Adventurer
Not fair, but funny, 1975 DJ5d (US Mail Truck) with ~3,000,000 miles.
I am the third owner, and its odo has rolled over twice in three years.
...I wonder if Jeep has a 3million mile service package?...

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
Y'all need to get out more, my 05 LJ has almost 60K miles on it!

Not my fault! When I bought it not to long ago it only had 14k on it and tons of chrome. I only live 4 miles from work and for a little while I only worked 7 days every 14 days.

mikeg1713

Adventurer
I love your unlimited! If I ever got another TJ it would have to be LWB. Every time we get one in on a trade I'm so tempted to buy it!

Love those LJ's, last of the real Jeeps IMHO.

To be honest just by pure design the TJ and the JK are very close. The TJ was a huge jump away from what a Jeep had ever been. Hence nick name "Trendy Jeep" .. Although it was better named "most bad ***** jeep ever made" just didn't fit the build code. The last true Jeep was the YJ. Basic tech had not changed from the 1945 CJ till 1995.

reece146

Automotive Artist
To be honest just by pure design the TJ and the JK are very close. The TJ was a huge jump away from what a Jeep had ever been. Hence nick name "Trendy Jeep" .. Although it was better named "most bad ***** jeep ever made" just didn't fit the build code. The last true Jeep was the YJ. Basic tech had not changed from the 1945 CJ till 1995.

I disagree with this. If you compare a TJ tub to a YJ tub you can see the evolution of the tub going all the way back to the CJ5 (look at the transmission tunnel and the rear cargo area shelf). The JK has no such resemblance - unique stampings with no carry over. The flat fender frame evolved under the CJ3B and then was used in the early CJ5. So there is overlap that connects the flatties to the CJ5 and up Jeeps. Additionally the TJ is still running an AMC drivetrain for all intents and purposes. A TJ is just a YJ with coil suspension and some plastic lipstick.

In this way I think it is fair to call a TJ a Jeep/GP Universal like those Jeeps that preceded it.

On a JK the body, frame, and drivetrain is completely different, even the axles are not the same even though they carry the Dana 30 and 44 model numbers.

Now, that's not to say there is anything to take away from a JK. They can be great vehicles. But I do think it is incorrect to call a JK a Jeep Universal whereas you can get away with that with a TJ even if people look at you funny when you do.

mikeg1713

Adventurer
Ok, i see your point. I just have never considered a TJ or JK to be as "real" Jeeps. i have owned 9 CJ-2A's, 1 M-38, 1 CJ-3B, 1 CJ-5, 1 CJ-7, 4 YJ's, 2 TJ's and 3 JK's. But at the end of the trail they have all been real jeeps and my JK in stock form def out does my TJ's in stock form. I can't say I've ever owned a Jeep i didn't love.

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
I think people put way to much into this "real Jeep" thing. Solid axles? Check. Can you remove the top/doors easy? Check. Hi/low range? Check. Still looks like a Wrangler? Check (minus the whole square vs round thing). Jeep has evolved... if you like the old school all metal Jeep great... some people don't.

mikeg1713

Adventurer
agreed .......... sorry if i started something. i wave to everyone. i dont always get it back. 4 non wavers today and i was driving this
098a3a34.jpg

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
A Jeep isn't a vehicle, folks. It's a state of mind. A "real" Jeep is the one that is being used as God intended.

You know that "Jeep thing" they keep talking about? That inexplicable urge to drive into adverse terrain that doesn't always end with positive results? Well... there ya go. ;)

Cars constantly evolve, for better or worse, and Jeeps are no exception to that. However, the Jeep spirit will always be the same.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Yes Mike, I'm sure we all know what that thing looks like by now, we just need to see a picture of it with a rotary grenade launcher actively shooting from its roof to make it even more awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk