Post Pic's of your Jeep

mikeg1713

Adventurer
Hey there, cool willys! I saw one at Sheetz in Fredneck monday that was pretty cool, had a front hitch thingy and a wooden cab with no roof (30 degree weather!). Anyhow, I live in Mt. Vernon and have never heard of Fort Holabird? I assume its in Dundalk somewhere among that industrial wasteland? If you got any more details let me know, I'd like to check it out! Thanks!
Than you! There are a few of them up that way. If you visit this place please be respectful and watch your back. It's not as nice of a neighborhood as what it used to be.

I took merit to holabird to dundalk to pine ave.

82968afc.jpg

Fort Holabird Park
Baltimore Md 21224

jds0912

Adventurer
Than you! There are a few of them up that way. If you visit this place please be respectful and watch your back. It's not as nice of a neighborhood as what it used to be.

I took merit to holabird to dundalk to pine ave.

View attachment 82654

Fort Holabird Park
Baltimore Md 21224

Cool thanks! Yeah, my gf's mother lives in Dundalk so Im familiar with the area unfortunately. As always I will mind my footprint, back ect.

jds0912

Adventurer
Sorry for the threadjack:eek:, here is my brother's XJ on our annual campout in Albright, WV
IMG_20110903_120622.jpg

At Chipotle after some wheeling w/ me (07 Tacoma)
IMG_20111226_145626.jpg

U-turn

U-Turn
Here's my ride. 06 LJ. Kinda new to the expedition side of 4wheeling, but I'm super interested. I've had a few Land Rover Rallys come through my town, I think those guys have got me hooked.

DSCN5018.jpg

DSCN5023.jpg

DSCN5140.jpg

DaddyGreenGenes

Smooth Operator
Hey,

I'm Chris. New to the portal, not new to jeeps. Here's my girl, Maybel. She's a 98 XJ Limited, close to expedition ready. Front and rear ARB's, 4.56 gears, Constant duty OBA, rear airbags, Airflow snorkel, dual optima yellow-tops with Painless power manager, roof rack, 1100w of offroad lighting, Custom 4x4 bumpers, 2 full size spares, RC lift, and a whole bunch more... Next step is to expedition-ize my dinky atv trailer with 32" muds, 30 gal fuel, 30 gal water, and roof-top tent rack w/ tent.WP_000110.jpgWP_000111.jpgDSCF0152.jpg

gpnmoab1

Rock hard cage

Nice looking XJ

Thanks for the words. Hey I notice you have a Rock Hard cage. I was about to buy one and found out it weighs about 200 lbs. I've really focused on keeping the XJ as light as possible for climbing the steep ledges in Moab. Adding 200lbs concerns me as there are much lighter cages, but they need to be welded inside the Jeep. I do weld and know it would be a real pain to get a good weld on the top of the tubes because the limited space between the tube and the roof. Did you notice any handling changes or ability to get up tough steep obstacles after adding the cage?

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the words. Hey I notice you have a Rock Hard cage. I was about to buy one and found out it weighs about 200 lbs. I've really focused on keeping the XJ as light as possible for climbing the steep ledges in Moab. Adding 200lbs concerns me as there are much lighter cages, but they need to be welded inside the Jeep. I do weld and know it would be a real pain to get a good weld on the top of the tubes because the limited space between the tube and the roof. Did you notice any handling changes or ability to get up tough steep obstacles after adding the cage?

Which trails have ledges do you consider steep? If you are attempting trails that are actually steep enough to desire a cage then it is worth the slight weight increase. Keep in mind that short wheelbase Wranglers are taller and shorter but have no issues with running cages so you shouldn't be too worried about it, it's simple physics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk