Post Pic's of your Jeep

B 1000

Nothing special
How are you and your friend liking the OR fab carrier? Would you buy it again?

I absolutely would! I have the Rotopax version and he has the Jerry can version. Both work perfectly, don't squeak or rattle, and are a lot lighter than most other options out there. The instal isn't exactly difficult, it's just time consuming. I'm happy with the Rotopax because it's a little closer profile to the Jeep, and he loves his Jerry Can version because he likes the more traditional expo look.

Here is the closest thing I have to a full profile of my Jeep so you can see how far it sticks out

FandL

JK ADDICTION
BEACH CRUSH

2012 JKU
AEV 3.5" lift w/AEV Pintler wheels & 315s under it
1953 M101 Army Trailer served in the Korean War
Resurrected in 2013

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    469.4 KB · Views: 66

UnlimiDozer

Observer
2012 JKU
AEV 3.5" lift w/AEV Pintler wheels & 315s under it
1953 M101 Army Trailer served in the Korean War
Resurrected in 2013
Just went through your entire trailer build thread. Very nice work. I have similar visions for mine, but it will be a much slower process for me. Looks great with your Jeep. Here's mine coming home from Moab last October:

It now has 37s on it to match the Jeep, and I've done a bit more to the JKU, but not quite ready to post up more pics of it just yet. Should be using the trailer at Sierra Trek this week, so maybe I can get some good shots then. Here's a Google Sketchup rendering of my vision for the trailer:

Also loved those shots of the expedition from SoCal to Moab. Makes me want to go back (worse). Thanks for posting!

Acerwin

Adventurer
What kind of front bumper do you got looks good. Just finally got my jku to the 4x4 shop to be lifted and ready for pick up Friday, so now looking for bumpers!

UnlimiDozer

Observer
What kind of front bumper do you got looks good. Just finally got my jku to the 4x4 shop to be lifted and ready for pick up Friday, so now looking for bumpers!

Thanks, that's my home-built copy of a Poison Spyder Brawler Lite with the Trail Stinger. Rear is my version of their Brawler Lite rear also. There are a few small touches I liked better, and some compromises because I don't own a mega-bucks fab shop, just some tools and a garage.

Do you guys like the M101 behind your jeep?

I thought it might be a tad heavy

Thanks

I like mine, but whether it's too heavy will depend on where you live and how you intend to use it. The track is perfect for a JK and with the 3.6, it doesn't drag it down too bad if you have it geared properly to start with. According to the data plate on the trailer, with a max load on the trailer, I'm right at my max trailer weight for the JKU with the max tow package. As I recall, the data plate says 1200ish empty, but mine is probably a bit lighter than that since I converted it to the A1 style pintle and a Dexter electric brake axle. Add the shell and I'd guess around 1500 with nothing else in it. That's an old GemTop utility shell, so it's pretty heavy. Mostly steel. All in all I'm happy with it because I can do the expo thing, or lift the shell off and I've still got a great utility trailer. And even with the shell on, I can move it around by hand by myself -- as long as I don't get on too much of a slope. That's when the parking brakes come in really handy, lol.

siebermd

Adventurer
I am Jeep Squared...

Here is a photo of my 2 Jeeps. I have plans to keep the Rubi mostly stock with some mild mods. The Sahara will remain stock. We also have a 96 XJ. My previous Jeeps were an 02 TJ and an 06 Commander.

Attachments

• jeep squared.jpg
    jeep squared.jpg
    559.8 KB · Views: 67

Acerwin

Adventurer
B 1000:
what type of front bumper do you got yours looks good too.

UnlimiDozer:
thanks for the info I was looking at them bumpers too just can't seem to make my mind up on what kind I want.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
In a wagoneer down by the river!

10297757_10100420994505668_1434366248603982292_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk