Post Pic's of your Jeep

texploration

Adventurer
Hard at work

6HZ0dSml.jpg

rwRWlObl.jpg

CJustin7

Adventurer
So I started this Spring wanting a CJ ..... Who doesn't love an old CJ. I now in a matter of 5 months have accumulated 3 jeeps over the summer. All with different purposes.

There she is the day I brought her home from Tennessee. Thought this would be the perfect cheap and easy build for a guy in his 20's ...... NOPE..... I was so wrong.

and here's where it's at right now....

So I started tearing that apart and needed something to play in over the summer.....
the XJ would be the next buy ....

It's old , Loud, Underpowered, smelly, did I mention LOUD ?
It's the 86 AMC Brown Bomber..... I'm not doing a thing to it. Has 1,000,000 miles on it and keeps going. Perfect for camping all summer and hauling the dogs around.

My newest Jeep ..... Which I bought after looking through tksmiths build (It's the sweet Black Fatty WJ on here) is going to be the Expo rig. Nothing special yet. It has a blown engine. So new 4.7Ho is going in in 2-3weeks.

KLT88YJ

Observer
Thanks. Unfortunately I didn't make a build thread...didn't even think of it.

I made the trailer my self. The frame is all galvanized, however I did sand it down and paint it (old boat trailer, solid crossmember a not "u" or "v"). The box 3'X5' tongue and groove pine that I stained. All 4 corners are reinforced with 2X2 angle steel that tie into the frame and run the full height of the box which is 20". The back of the trailer mimics a jeep with a fold down locking tail gate with tail lights on each side. It also has a hinged lid that locks. I put in a 3,000 lbs axle (60" end to end) and the wheels and tires for now are just jeep steel wheels and Goodyear tires off of my Comanche.

My end goal is to have matching wheels (soft 8's) and tires (31x10.50).

Oo and you can forget the all important bottle opener on the side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KLT88YJ

Observer
Alaska101, thanks! When I got the liberty I was coming from an 88 YJ on 35's....quite a difference, hence the changes. Still have the YJ though, just needed a family hauler that fit the budget and the 4 doors were still 4-5 years out on the drawling board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldGreen

Figured I should post after lurking for all these years . . .

this is "Chuck", my chopped and framed '94 2 door XJ. This picture is from observation point at the top of Cadillac Hill this June.

257_P6281073_1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater