Post Pic's of your Jeep

Shapeshifter

Restless Adventurer
The kit for my later model was $500 for 2" of lift. Older models you can get 4-6" of lift on but requires extensive work approaching $1K. I didn't want to get to the cutting stage of lift kits, so I started over with a Wrangler.

Plus you can't get a low range with an auto (Older manuals had an available low range) and there was not an available rear locker for the stock rear diffs.

Great vehicles for extreme dirt roading, they just don't have the aftermarket that the Wrangler provides.

Pretty much the same reason I sold my Tracker and got a wrangler.

Got mine for free about a month ago, they were for a 4door, so I had to cut them down, and one of the end caps is missing (I'd really like a part number so I could get it replaced).

Jp90Talon

Adventurer
Few pics and a vid from this weekends wheelin trip...

photo%204j_zpszhg6zhkz.jpg

photo%202n_zpsuyw1u1s7.jpg

Little Video.....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v451/BBBJustin/jeep/FC 2015/th_IMG_2064_zpstzl3k2mp.mp4

Greetings!

Been here a while, just coming from a different subforum (Other). I used to do backcountry day trips in my lifted Subaru Forester softroader...

20009892104_c4c52a06fd_b.jpg

But I just picked up a replacement for the Forester last weekend:

21200760961_6cf3d0f505_b.jpg

I call him the Jeepenwagen. Base model Wrangler Unlimited on 29" tires with two options, Automatic transmission and a hardtop. 33" tires and rock sliders will be the first mods before I take it to the local trails for a proper break-in. I'm confident that everything the Subaru could do, this one can do better.

LOL, I swear. I was wanting to tell you one time that I see you ditching that subie one day for a bigger 4x4. I guess your soft overlanders would feel bad since you are no onger a softie, lol. You hve upgraded.

Nice. Now start moding that. I will be in Barnwell next weekend to explore the trails.

machine1

Explorer
LOL, I swear. I was wanting to tell you one time that I see you ditching that subie one day for a bigger 4x4. I guess your soft overlanders would feel bad since you are no onger a softie, lol. You hve upgraded.

Nice. Now start moding that. I will be in Barnwell next weekend to explore the trails.

Haha, hey thanks man!

My fellow softroaders understand why I made the move. I was about to get to the cut and weld stage of the Forester and that would have costed more than just buying a Wrangler and taking advantage of the huge aftermarket available. I'm still a softroader at heart, and when you see the route I take the Wrangler it will be very conservative.

Have fun out there at Barnwell! I'll run into you one of these days on one of our trips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach