Post pictures of your Land Rover.

RMEDIVER

First my switch housing disintegrated, was going to make one out of aluminum tread plate but had some walnut available and decided to try wood. Then decided to replace the lower dash trim because it was broken. I really wanted to try the full dash after seeing how good it came out using cherry.

Then I did the console cover and made a cup holder for it. I love the beauty of wood.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

AndrewClarke

Adventurer
That wood dash is beautiful. I've often thought about doing the same, but have never done it. Partially it's about time, but mostly it's about how it would feel to bash my head into that in an accident. Maybe I'm worrying too much.

RMEDIVER

Got them at Kmart, they look pretty nice tucked in but are way to big for the standard seats. My twill is still in pretty good shape but like the color scheme. Just had the headliner done in black and spray painted the visors black also (plasticote trim paint) also painted the dirty grey carpet black.

Headliner was a guy off craigslist for $250

wuntenn

Adventurer
I had a photography job to do on the Isle of Rum off the west coast of Scotland for our environmental agency SNH, and was given permission to take my own 110 to get about/sleep in whilst working. The island is remote and terrain is 'difficult' to put it mildly (new shocks every year) and a decision to replace the fleet of Land Rovers with cheaper pickups some years back failed when ALL the chassis cracked on the alternatives. So back to Land Rovers! Anyway this was the fleet when I was there with Kinloch Castle in background. The Land Rovers are vital to life on the island - they are used to support Reserve staff, biologists, reserve management, deer stalking (longest running ungulate study project in the world), and the staff are also Coastguard, Mountain Rescue Team, and Fire Brigade too so they support that as well. Great place.
Rum LR panorama1 1.jpg

AndrewClarke

Adventurer
I had a photography job to do on the Isle of Rum off the west coast of Scotland for our environmental agency SNH, and was given permission to take my own 110 to get about/sleep in whilst working. The island is remote and terrain is 'difficult' to put it mildly (new shocks every year) and a decision to replace the fleet of Land Rovers with cheaper pickups some years back failed when ALL the chassis cracked on the alternatives. So back to Land Rovers! Anyway this was the fleet when I was there with Kinloch Castle in background. The Land Rovers are vital to life on the island - they are used to support Reserve staff, biologists, reserve management, deer stalking (longest running ungulate study project in the world), and the staff are also Coastguard, Mountain Rescue Team, and Fire Brigade too so they support that as well. Great place.
That looks fantastic. One of these days we'll go on a holiday to Scotland and get some great hiking in.

wuntenn

Adventurer
This is where the Reserve staff work and some of the work they do - feeding highland cattle which are kept as landscape management tools! How's that for a commute!
rum313 3.jpg

Yudda

Adventurer
Got them at Kmart, they look pretty nice tucked in but are way to big for the standard seats. My twill is still in pretty good shape but like the color scheme. Just had the headliner done in black and spray painted the visors black also (plasticote trim paint) also painted the dirty grey carpet black.

Headliner was a guy off craigslist for $250

Thanks for the info...I like the black interior.

Good job !

Wutenn: beautiful place..... A classic example of where land rovers should roam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven