Post pictures of your Land Rover.

A.J.M

Explorer
78EFDA54-28FF-46FF-8F0F-40239CB8B873_zpskbasd3qr.jpg

Alfie and I have differing opinions over who gets to ride in the front...

sedat

Adventurer
big *** GM radiator. I can get you a P/N but its not gonna work with out *major* modifications. I'm also running a 6.0 GM fan @ 19.5".

pressure gauge is on the fuel inlet. Lets me monitor fuel pressure.

fishEH

Explorer
big *** GM radiator. I can get you a P/N but its not gonna work with out *major* modifications. I'm also running a 6.0 GM fan @ 19.5".

pressure gauge is on the fuel inlet. Lets me monitor fuel pressure.
Wanna send me the info or post here. I'm not opposed to major mods. :)
Why the GM Radiator? Better cooling or cheaper or both?

sedat

Adventurer
Both! was 200 ish shipped.

american eagle ae161 Theres two different ones. one with a plastic tank, and one with metal. this one has two 1" aluminum cores.
Fab: Side retainer brackets, upper brackets to keep it in place, and lower C brackets to retain it.
Remove the passenger panhard rod mount as its not needed on LHD trucks and interferes with the rad hose.
loosen the 10mm a/c condeser retainer bolts, bend the sheet metal upwards so that it covers the core completely.
One heater hose to the side tank, one to the intake.
Delete the expansion tank and add a conventional catch can.
you'll need to mount engine/tranny coolers elsewhere. the stock rad uses 1/4" fittings that I find inadequate.

I have some photos of the install and such. I'll make a shroud later, but the trucks havin' a time of hell to run at temp as is.

Edit: I'm also running a 180* hi-flow GM Tstat and a GMB hiflow pump.

Last edited:

fishEH

Explorer
Won't get to temp? So it's too good at cooling? LOL

Both! was 200 ish shipped.

american eagle ae161 Theres two different ones. one with a plastic tank, and one with metal. this one has two 1" aluminum cores.
Fab: Side retainer brackets, upper brackets to keep it in place, and lower C brackets to retain it.
Remove the passenger panhard rod mount as its not needed on LHD trucks and interferes with the rad hose.
loosen the 10mm a/c condeser retainer bolts, bend the sheet metal upwards so that it covers the core completely.
One heater hose to the side tank, one to the intake.
Delete the expansion tank and add a conventional catch can.
you'll need to mount engine/tranny coolers elsewhere. the stock rad uses 1/4" fittings that I find inadequate.

I have some photos of the install and such. I'll make a shroud later, but the trucks havin' a time of hell to run at temp as is.

Edit: I'm also running a 180* hi-flow GM Tstat and a GMB hiflow pump.

sedat

Adventurer
OBD has given me 170 so far, but I've put maybe 3 miles on it since I've put everything back together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL