Post pictures of your Land Rover.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
3BE49FAE-F53B-4AFC-BCCC-04DF54FCBEE0_zpswqa3xvml.jpg

617D2002-A8D7-431E-B9AC-561600F22358_zps4yxuq4dk.jpg

Monday's fun.
Finally swapped the 5-6 year old Hitachi compressor out and fitted the AMK replacement.
Actually a straight forward swap and with the software update via my iid tool. It was an easy afternoon.
Saved a few quid instead of taking it to a garage to get them to do it.

The old one has suffered plenty of off road use and had been suffering low pressure faults for a while ( maybe 20,000 miles or so of intermittent faults )

Going to buy a compressor guard to protect the new one from damage.

This is rad!

adelatoa

Adventurer
My latest acquisition to my family....

.....a 1995 SWB RRC. Currently going through the engine and sorting out the interior lights and switches. But since I have two Rovers with white wheels (01 p38 & 88 RRC) I am thinking of going gold paint on my second set of rostyle wheels that are in need of paint. Since I have a quart of BBS Gold from the restoration of my BBS RS wheels for my 1978 BMW 635csi thought that I'd use that paint on the Rostyles. After all its just paint I can always go back to a more classic white wheels (hope the Rover Gods aren't reading this post and end up stoning me to death). I also have a set of 235/85/16's BFGs AT I will be going with the skinny tire profile. The reason of pursuing the restyles and gold color look is because will also be creating these Retro_Vertical Grilles for my two RRCs to bring that 1970's retro look (grille will be black and not gold...he he...just being clear). Thoughts?

0_0_69b1762cea55d836490b6211c0995bd5_1

0_0_be99a8adcbfc07b336963487daed9322_1

01 P38:

0_0_533c81f4f862ca7432a9a73c16febf14_1

'88 RRC:
0_0_877e0c2a8044b7902ec8614d767b0f7f_1

trentor

Nomad
Fresh mods. Got the 33" Coopers on as well as knock-off ARB lights on the front.

Off-road height w/Johnson Rods installed. She's a bit of a mess as I haven't washed it in over a month.

LOVE this. I've had the urge for a while now to move out of my Xterra and into an LR3. It just may happen within the next year or so, and this is exactly the type of setup I want. What bumpers and rack are those? (or do you have a build thread?)

JKU87

Adventurer
Fresh mods. Got the 33" Coopers on as well as knock-off ARB lights on the front.

Off-road height w/Johnson Rods installed. She's a bit of a mess as I haven't washed it in over a month.

That's a gorgeous looking rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zelatore

Explorer
LOVE this. I've had the urge for a while now to move out of my Xterra and into an LR3. It just may happen within the next year or so, and this is exactly the type of setup I want. What bumpers and rack are those? (or do you have a build thread?)

Sorry for not getting back sooner - was out playing in the snow over the weekend.

I don't have a single build thread here, just lots of bits and pieces scattered around.

The rack is from Urban Offroad in SoCal. I believe it's the 'exodus platform full' model. Basically a very low-profile tubular rack. The wind deflector on the front - and trust me, you'll need one if you go with this rack, is a custom. I tried the Urban deflector but it was still loud so I made this one that's basically the same shape but about 4" longer so it actually touches the roof with some foam to keep it from scratching.

The front bumper is an ARB - if I were doing it again I would NOT recommend it. (would probably go with a Tacical) It sticks out far too much, hurting approach angles. The brush bar might help protect the headlights from tree limbs I suppose, but it also means you can't take out the headlight without first removing the bumper. But the real annoyance is that it totally buries the winch such that you can barely reach the clutch to release it and if you want to service it again you have to remove the entire thing. And that's a 2-man with a cherry picker job. Got bit in the ******** this weekend when I pulled cable to drag a buddy's LR3 out off a side-hill only to find my winch was totally in-op. Has to be a simple solenoid or low-power problem but without removing the whole thing there was no way to access for troubleshooting.

The rear bumper is a custom a friend and I built. It's styled after the Tactical Rovers bumper but welded on and incorporates a standard tow receiver instead of the goofy plow Rover used stock.

You can search around the Rover forum here for any of this stuff using my screen name. I've written about most of it at one time or another.

spikemd

Explorer
NCLR

NCLR (Norcal Land Rover Club) had some fun in the snow last weekend. Camped at wentworth springs and did maybe a mile of the Rubicon trail. Snow and slick granite made it rough going but we had a great time.

2015-12-15 08.15.06.jpg
2015-12-15 08.17.28.jpg
2015-12-15 08.19.18.jpg
2015-12-15 08.16.36.jpg
2015-12-15 08.15.57.jpg

spikemd

Explorer
And no, the computer is not deceiving you. The gold range rover in pic 3 above was rolled a few times this summer, but Colin braved the elements and wheeled it hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333