Post pictures of your Land Rover.

RiverCityDave

красный октябрь
I wish I had gotten a picture of my 97,000 mile Disco 2 last night when it dumped its guts all over the side of the highway and stranded me a few miles from home. Or when it was being towed behind my 202,000 mile Land Cruiser that has never had so much as a headlight bulb failure.

Im at a point right now where I want to set it on fire and sit around drinking some makers mark while the aluminum and plastic melt. My wife is very attached to it, and I have to say there are a lot of good family memories in it, but an engine swap just seems so unreasonable when I know I'm going to be dropping bucks into it every month to replace this or that sensor, this or that fan motor, this or that electrical component, the transmission, power window regulator, etc etc etc.

If there was a reliable repower option out there, I'd keep it forever, but 5K worth of engine just to maybe get 90,000 more miles out of it is just hard to see.

Here it is with a 3" lift and 32" tires sitting on the beach.

View attachment 83640

but I see this and I think, well damn, thats a great looking truck...

Im a little pissed right now.

jhawk

Adventurer
MellowDave,

I hear you. My last D1 did the same at 98,000. I managed to find another nice D1 for $3,000. Moved the lift, bumpers, etc. over to the new truck. Sold the one with the blown motor for $700. Just an option.

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
If there was a reliable repower option out there, I'd keep it forever, but 5K worth of engine just to maybe get 90,000 more miles out of it is just hard to see.

Although a D2 has lots more electrickery to worry about than a D1, this is the route I would consider, if I were to do something again for a repower : http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/67258-Cummins-B3-3-Powered-FJ60

There has been a D2 repowered with an Isuzu motor and all idiot lights, non-engine computers (SLABS (?), etc.) and other items were kept operable. Apparently, it was quite a challenge, but not insurmountable. I believe details about it can be found on Pirate. There is also a company in the UK that makes an adaptor for a T5 trans to the LT-230... There are adaptors from the SAE engine bolt pattern to GM, etc. bellhousing patterns.

Just something to consider - not that I ever put much thought into it :sombrero:

Rovers do kinda get under one's skin ;)

Mrmerlin

Here is my new to me 2005 RR HSE with Oxford leather upgrade went wheeling in Canyonlands it was awesome.
Best truck i have ever driven

Attachments

• rover2.jpg
    rover2.jpg
    532.6 KB · Views: 18
  • moab 009.jpg
    moab 009.jpg
    553.9 KB · Views: 20

hext

_DSC8752.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Very nice, where did you get the side jerry can holders?

picpoki

Hello!
This is my first post here.
On photo are my two Land rovers, Defender 110 200tdi(expedition vehicle:)) and disco 300tdi .
Defender have some upgrades, disco is still running on stock set-up.

slike-0136.jpg

spikemd

Explorer
A few more from Needles district and Elephant Hill...

moab2011_ehill_rgb_artic.jpg

moab2011_ehill_up.jpg

moab2011_ehill_end.jpg

boulders_web.jpg

I just picked up a genuine LR winch tray and Warn 9500lb winch today. Can't wait to get it mounted and wired!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven