Post up pictures of your actual, or dream galleys.

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
I really like those last two side kitchens. Gives me some great ideas.

I can send you more pics if you want to see specific parts. It was all stuff from the local Home Depot, most expensive part being the high-grade plywood. I have no design, it was hashed together off a sketch and "measured as I went." I'm actually rather surprised it turned out decently.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Not the best photo of the galley but at least this one shows it loaded up the oils & spices. :elkgrin:

Glamper1-26-L.jpg

This one shows the layout better but it was before I loaded up my stuff.

i-P3hzkpP-L.jpg

Casper

Adventurer
Ooh, I like this thread. Here is my setup at the moment. I am now in the process of completely changing it to a full slideout design from teh rear of the trailer.

IMG_2398.jpg

Cheers,
JSP

Got an honest question here. What is the point of the extensive deviders so many people use? Like, for the plates, one plate per bay. I just have mine stacked in a cabinet with no dividers. Seems to work fine. Am I missing something?

TRegasaurus

Adventurer
Got an honest question here. What is the point of the extensive deviders so many people use? Like, for the plates, one plate per bay. I just have mine stacked in a cabinet with no dividers. Seems to work fine. Am I missing something?

Nah, some people are just that way. You know the type:
They fold their dirty clothes before putting them in the hamper.
They remove the wheels to wash inside the wheels and wells of their vehicle. (damn I do that..)

Well some people are just that way...

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I haven't had dividers in my two galleys and just stack the plates other dishes and cookware in the pantry or other cabinets.

That being said, I can see the benefit for things like mugs or glasses (plastic or not). Mine get pretty beat up over time vibrating up against each other.

I now use a rubber no-slide shelf liner in all my trailer drawers and cabinets. It helps quite a bit but it's not a perfect solution.

I just live with beat up drinkware and hope I don't get fancy guests dropping by my campsite for dinner. :elkgrin:

I mean, I often have to rearange the dishes when I arrive. But they're melmac, so, no harm no foul. Just wondering if I missed something.

BTW, recently changed from enameled steel dishes to the melmac and... ZOMG! Steel sucks. Now my food actually stays warm for more than 2 minutes!

The drinking cups I need to do something with. Those are the pieces that fly around the most.

I stack my CI pot inside my CI frying pan, with a cutout piece of shelf-liner for protection. No problem.

But I'm not running the Rubicon trail with this thing either. I have had a full-ABS moment, still no problem.

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
Ooh, I like this thread. Here is my setup at the moment. I am now in the process of completely changing it to a full slideout design from teh rear of the trailer.

IMG_2398.jpg

Cheers,
JSP

Very nice! How is the shelf mounted?

theicecreampeople

Adventurer

IMG_2398.jpg

Cheers,
JSP

love the magnet spice rack you have going on ...great ,great idea ...just got my rig trail worthy ,trailer is next year ,thanks for sharing guys ,helping with ideas ....:sombrero:

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Mine is very basic. Shelf across the back of the trailer, holds the LP stove, jug of water, and the JetBoil. Spices, paper towels, etc. set on the lid behind the shelf. (just have to remember to move them when accessing the trailer!)

trailertable003.jpg

Table folds in 1/2, and stores in the lid:

trailer007-1.jpg

Propane tank is on the tongue. I run a hose back to the stove, or into the tent for the heater when needed.

trailer009-1.jpg

Dishes, dryfood, etc. is stored in bins inside the trailer.

The trailer is usually used as 'Basecamp', and lunch is on the trail. Dinner over the fire. So the 'galley' doesn't see a lot of use. Coffee and breakfast in the morning, and prep for dinner at night.

Casper

Adventurer
Very nice! How is the shelf mounted?

Thanks. The shelf is mounted in a way that wedges it between the fender and the body of the trailer. Sort of like a cantalever affect.

IMG_2207.jpg

IMG_2209.jpg

Then I got two little plastic "bushing" type pieces at the local hardware store and attached them to the fender, one toward the front and one towards the back.

IMG_2204.jpg

IMG_2203.jpg

These go into holes I drilled in the table.

IMG_2206.jpg

That keeps it from getting bumped off the fender. Works perfectly.

love the magnet spice rack you have going on ...great ,great idea ...just got my rig trail worthy ,trailer is next year ,thanks for sharing guys ,helping with ideas ....:sombrero:

Haha, thanks. I love having my spices for cooking. As much as I would like to take credit for that one, I can't. After my mom saw the trailer she found those and got them for me for my birthday. :chef: Moms rule. :wings:

Cheers,
JSP
:smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy