Post your Camp Awnings

fredgoodsell

Adventurer
I called NRS and they said to try and seal the seams and also use a "durable water repellent", which I assume is something like scotch guard, on the top part. Had I bought from them and not used they would have replaced... but I would have paid a whole heck of a lot more too

So next time roll on over and check it out up close and I will supply the cold beverage :)

Paint some sealer on the seams. 303 fabric guard works real well for the rest.

matt41482

Observer
Hey jscusmcvet it was nice meeting you and the family at ARV. I use GE Silicone II clear sealer/glue and mineral spirits (to thin out the silicone) to seam seal all my backpacking tents and tarps. It works great and very cheap! You can buy that stuff at any hardware store.

Sonoranrunner

dee1ea22ae6e946b8edfaffabe1d7ddf.jpg

cerutti

Observer
Recently added a rhinorack sunseeker 2m awning. Also picked up a bug room for early spring camping.

Also on order I have the Foxwing awning with extensions. As well as a oztent tagalong tent. The coverage is going to be epic!

parkkitchings

Adventurer
Been wanting to get an awning on my FWC but ran into a couple down in Baja last winter that had one of these and loved it. Stated they used it a lot more than their awning and if they had to do it over again would not have purchased the awning. Can buy one of these on Amazon for less than $200. I watched the couple set this up and it's super easy. They have side panels you can also install if needed. No poles, it just pops up and the quality seemed really good. May go this route rather than an overpriced awning. Anybody else have any experience with these?

http://stores.clamoutdoors.com/quick-set-by-clam/screens/quickset-traveler.html

Accrete

Explorer
sometimes in the PNW you can never really have to much awning. It was the middle of July and the day before this shot was taken there were puddles from ran all over the place. Shown is a Fiama F45 10' awning off our van + a 10' x 8' tyvek ground cloth used as an awning extender.
TCLA_072014_ring51QC-SweetHomeOR_camp1.jpg

here is a Kelty Noah 16 set over our two AMOK hammoks to keep away the debris that were falling from trees.
AMOK-06s.jpg

: ) Thom

cerutti

Observer
the rest is here!

oztent foxwing drivers side awning
x1 foxwing extension
oz tent RV5 tagalong tent

heres a quick setup from playing around this morning. total setup time is about 10-15min.

now the rv5 came with 2 of the poles with eyes on each end. i know one is used to support the rear of the tent...but what is the 2nd one for? is it just a spare?

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I believe that the other pole goes between the top of the 2 uprights at the front of the Tagalong Tent to spread them apart and keep the tent front upper taught?

Check this out, 14 seconds in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEmO5OREJkU

There is an upper cross brace. I think this is what you are looking for? PS I dig the Tag Along, good idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78