Post your Jeep Camping Pictures!

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
ZJ & RTT
267446_2057412046712_1586948477_2013859_4457659_n.jpg

Hi Doug. What size is your Overland and what are you supporting it to the roof with?

I need 3+ crossbars under my Overland 1.8 and with the ZJ's arched roof i'll have to do something one off i believe. I know of no adjustable height "towers".

FishPOET

Adventurer
Hi Doug. What size is your Overland and what are you supporting it to the roof with?

I need 3+ crossbars under my Overland 1.8 and with the ZJ's arched roof i'll have to do something one off i believe. I know of no adjustable height "towers".

I have the 1.6. The Jeep is fully caged with a halo and I had the fabricator build 3 towers on each side to support the tent.

100_0812.jpg

Vince1

Adventurer
I enjoy using a RTT when camping. With the added annex, I can have 2 up top and 2 in cots plus dog below. I use a M416 trailer to haul all the gear, leaving the back of the JKU for the dog while traveling. Works pretty well even for long trips. The wife just won't sleep on the ground anymore.

Attachments

• front2.JPG
    front2.JPG
    404.1 KB · Views: 108

boknows

Adventurer
One kid, two dogs:
emailNaches.jpg

Our family kept growing and I couldn't cut bait from the TJ so we added a trailer.
Two Kids, two dogs..yep it was tight in there:
DSC05270.jpg

At the impending birth of our third child. We added a JK to the family and brought the ground tents out of storage. :)
DSC00838.jpg

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
Add another trailer to the list... Here's me (We also started off carrying everything on the Jeep, but got more stuff and wanted to be able to NOT have to load up the back of the Libby):

Off-road "test day" after finalizing the design and building the kitchen set-up in the sidebox.
libbywithtrailer.jpg

Camping in Allegheny Nat'l Forest, PA. (the awning and propane tank mount had been added since the first pic)
img4014l.jpg

Last edited:

ventura911

Adventurer
After soaking in much info from everyone on ExPo, here's what I came up with (credit to the Portal for good ideas; bad ideas are the responsibility of the owner):

CIMG0559.jpg

My wife and daughter, for some reason, just don't find camping in such fine quarters appealing, so a $200 Tentcot seemed a better choice than a more expensive and larger RTT. My 12-year-old son can fit across the rear seat, or we can toss out a small ground tent he uses in Scouts.

Rear cargo setup should be in tomorrow. Once everything's in, I'll be testing it out at the Toys-for-Tots trip next weekend and then posting more details.

joesjk

Wow guys, thanks for the pics! I just picked up a Kodiak Canvas 10x10 on CL for a steal that I will be using. Working on my trailer now, and your pics give me great ideas.

Keep them coming!

joe

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
After soaking in much info from everyone on ExPo, here's what I came up with (credit to the Portal for good ideas; bad ideas are the responsibility of the owner)

My wife and daughter, for some reason, just don't find camping in such fine quarters appealing, so a $200 Tentcot seemed a better choice than a more expensive and larger RTT.
Did you actually hard-mount the tent cot to the rack, or does it get setup on the rack when arrived camping?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal