Post your tents

Bretthn

Explorer
our 3 year old RTT

Still going strong. We finally added power this year with some led lights, usb outlets, and a 12V socket to run a fan.

A few from GWNF 2 weeks ago.

Makes a great platform for taking pictures.

Lucky j

Explorer
One question about led light in rtt.

How come none of you guys are running the wire in the aluminium arches. I did that, and just love it. It is cleaner looking and completely out of the way.

Bretthn

Explorer
One question about led light in rtt.

How come none of you guys are running the wire in the aluminium arches. I did that, and just love it. It is cleaner looking and completely out of the way.

Would love the outcome but hate the job of doing it. I looked at the extra work to run the wires this way and asked myself what the extra functionality would be. When I couldn't think of any I decided against it.

I also do not have the tent wiring permanently wired to the Lexus. I simply drop the wire out of the tent and connect it to a weatherproof connection through the hatch when in use.

inv3ctiv3

Adventurer
Would love the outcome but hate the job of doing it. I looked at the extra work to run the wires this way and asked myself what the extra functionality would be. When I couldn't think of any I decided against it.

I also do not have the tent wiring permanently wired to the Lexus. I simply drop the wire out of the tent and connect it to a weatherproof connection through the hatch when in use.

I'm with him - I didn't want to start drilling into stuff and running wires through it so I just put them in a wire look and taped them. I also have a weather proof plug that I drop through the hinge area that's connected to the truck so it's not always wired. I really like your fan idea though I need to do that! I also leave full bedding instead of just sleeping bags and I added an extra 3" memory foam mattress to mine it's so nice haha.

cozmo2312

Observer
finally got to use mine... maiden voyage

u1Or4xx.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism