Project Oddball. 1996 F150 4x4

chasespeed

Explorer
I know I've been thinking about it. I've had several TTB Bronco's and F150's over the years and have had good luck with them. The swap would make things easier in the longrun I suppose. I'll start watching craigslist.

On another note I've been thinking alot about the 4BT swap and have some concerns. With the custom motor mounts and brackets I'm concerned about reliability and also concerned about parts for the motor itself while on the road. I'm thinking of rebuilding the engine and transmission (leaving them all stock) and hitting the road that way. What's everyones thoughts on this?

I am a big fan of the TTB... if done properly.

I am also a fan of diesels.....

I have an issue with a the 2 together.... IMHO, for, anything other than a street queen, its too much..... Also, you're starting with a 1/2 ton. I know its been done.... I remember the Bronc down in S. America... I just think that for long haul reliability, you should start with a 3/4, and a solid axle...

Keep the F150, get a nice front end for it, and compromise on the rear a little(travel vs load carry), and you really could have an all around sweet rig....

Chase

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh