Project "Overlander 88"

Grayfox0092

This may sound surprising to some but I'm actually quite jealous of the set up here. You just don't see rugged, simple engineering in vehicles anymore and most that were made with function over aesthetic in mind are rotting away now.

Cherish the truck sir, it really makes me feel good to see an old dog like that being used. I'm actually trying to save up like $1500 and go a similar route, albeit maybe to the tune of a 1984-89 4Runner but if a truck comes my way that looks good I'll prolly snatch it up.

I particularly like the OEM steel rims. Good call there.

I love my current rig, 2001 Ram 1500 but it's making my wallet hurt- both gas and fairly frequent repairs. I'll try old school Toyota for a change. :cool:

This may sound surprising to some but I'm actually quite jealous of the set up here. You just don't see rugged, simple engineering in vehicles anymore and most that were made with function over aesthetic in mind are rotting away now.

Cherish the truck sir, it really makes me feel good to see an old dog like that being used. I'm actually trying to save up like $1500 and go a similar route, albeit maybe to the tune of a 1984-89 4Runner but if a truck comes my way that looks good I'll prolly snatch it up.

I particularly like the OEM steel rims. Good call there.

I love my current rig, 2001 Ram 1500 but it's making my wallet hurt- both gas and fairly frequent repairs. I'll try old school Toyota for a change. :cool:

Hey thanks Grayfox! Although I have my Tacoma, I wanted another simple Expedition rig with the basic essentials for a very limited cost. This Toyota does just that. I was originally shopping for a 85. I wanted a 22RE strait axle but when I saw this for $1000 I couldnt resist! Still has the original owners manual in the glovebox and factory toyota tool kit under the seat. At 257000 miles on the original V6, transmission and drivetrain, this little truck totally fits the bill. I hope you find yourself that 84 4runner you want! Thats a valuable rig. First year of the 4 runner and solid axle! Great platform to start an expo truck!

Keep in touch and thanks for the comment!:1888fbbd:

Look what I got today!:wings:

IMG00902-20110503-1831.jpg

Should be a nice addition to a overland pickup:victory:

Its made for the 22R/RE but Im going to make it work with my 3.0 Airbox

Where did you find the snorkel?

Whole build is coming together very nicely! Can't wait to start my own.

Thanks! I got the snorkel off of craigslist. The guy bought it new for his 4runner and decided not to install it.....so I snagged it up, now I just need to find time to install it! (dam work)

Grayfox0092

Haha lucky. I've been looking at Craigslists for maybe 5 states and it's all crap with a couple exceptions.

Actually thought I had my rig, there was an 89 4Runner, white no rust that needed minimal work for $1000 about 70 miles away, but the listing was deleted the next morning.

Better luck next time I suppose.

Haha lucky. I've been looking at Craigslists for maybe 5 states and it's all crap with a couple exceptions.

Actually thought I had my rig, there was an 89 4Runner, white no rust that needed minimal work for $1000 about 70 miles away, but the listing was deleted the next morning.

Better luck next time I suppose.

Thats what my truck was going for on craigslist. $1000. When I called the guy he had like 15 calls he said within like 30 min of going online but I happened to be there first!:wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater

Members online