prototype expedition camper trailer for sale Idaho

ginericLC

Adventurer
A friend of mine has his prototype expedition camper for sale. Originally when he retired they were going to start building expedition campers. This is the one and only prototype that was built. It is located near Boise, Idaho. If you are interested contact him directly at
baddawg.1@msn.com

Specs:
20 gal. water tank w/water pump
Pullout side drawer with:
Water basin w/water sprayer
3 burner propane stove
Propane hook-up
Spring over axel
Four corner leveling supports
Rear step
2" front, sides and rear "nerf" bar
4' x 7' bed/rack
Custom tent w/awning
2 rear pullout drawers
2 Side storage boxes
One inside access
One outside access
Carpeted
3 layer sides
Carpet
Plywood
Diamond plate aluminum

He's asking $3995

Eric V.
camper7.JPGcamper6.JPGcamper5.JPGcamper4.JPGcamper3.JPGAwning.JPGcamper2.JPG

ginericLC

Adventurer
I think location has a lot to do with it. If it was in CA or AZ or CO or even UT it would be long gone. We struggle to get nice things into Idaho and then when it comes time to sell them it is difficult. We just don't have the population that demands quality expedition gear.

winnipegtibook

Any pics available with the tent down? Any pics of the under-carriage (i.e. is it a leaf-spring, torsion bar, or or or)? I am curious to see it with the lid on. Idaho, that's not TOO far from the geographical center of Canada!

Xrunner

Explorer
Do you know how long it takes to setup the tent? It appears you open the trailer and then attach the tent?

BadDawg

Finally Joined

I figured I would finally join the forum. I'll try to answer some of the questions as best I can.

The trailer opens up by sliding the top to the drivers side and attaching three supports to hold it up.

Yes, the tent sets up after the top has been slid over into position.
I can set up the trailer by myself in about 15 minutes. Less time with another person helping.

Leaf springs. I forgot the rating but I will find out. 3500lbs

I have a picture of the trailer behind an S-10 we used to have. I'll post the picture.

This was the prototype and there are a few things I would change but then again I would imagine everyone has their own ideas of how to build one of these. We have had it sitting in my shop and it has never been used. I need the space back.

I have over $4000 just in materials, not counting my design time and build time.

Attachments

• P5160063sml.JPG
    P5160063sml.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3

Members online