Provan Tiger TX, $120k, Montrose CO

carleton

Summary: Provan Bengal Tiger on 2016 F350 chassis, outfitted and maximized to be offgrid in 4-seasons.

We purchased this in 2022 as a replacement for our Transit Van build, and have used it around Arizona & Colorado. But our jobs and moves have changed our lifestyle & we need to downsize to a daily commuter.

The Previous owners spec'd this unit from Provan to be "the ultimate." They basically checked every box & added every option. They full-timed in this unit for years, all the way to Alaska, Baja, and back. A full spec from Tiger as-built attached.

We purchased this & optimized for our needs, adding 400ah of heated Lithium Batteries, 12v AC, Lagun table, upgraded MaxxAir Fan, Fox 2.0 shocks w/ external reservoirs (front and back), Hellwig Big-Wig Sway bar.

The updates we have made have brought this 2016 Tiger to the modern standard & greater. The 6.7l diesel & quality construction from Provan make it so that this truck is ready to go for another decade or longer.

Current Pricing for these options from Tiger are $166736.....and that still wouldn't include 12v AC....or the F350.

ISSUES: Truck has 80k miles & camper has typical scratches inside and out with 8 years & many travels.
*Generator: since we've installed lithium we haven't used the generator, and now it won't start. If I was owning this for longer I'd just remove it.
*One portion of the window over the galley is fogged from a bad seal. We've just lived with it.
*Fold out steps were bent by previous owner. We've bent them back & they function properly, just look a little crooked.

CHASSIS:
-2016 Ford F350 Lariat, FX4
-Crew cab.
-6.7l Diesel engine, block heater.
~82k miles
-Caribou Brown
-Aftermarket 60 gal diesel tank.
-Aluminess front & rear bumpers w/ Swing out box & spare tire.
-Aux halogens in the fog pockets.
-Baja Designs SAE mounted under the grill
-Rear Seat Delete w/ Platform AND Rear bench seat. We have both setups to pass on. Either have 5 seats, or 2 seats + platform.
-FOX 2.0 External Reservoir shocks installed at 80k miles and the original Rancho shocks were discarded. Basically brand new.
-BFG AT tires, installed around 60k
-Black leather interior, including heated/vented front seats.

CAMPER:
-Typical Tiger layout/format, unless noted below
-Espar Diesel Heater
-400aH BattleBorn Heated Lithium batteries
-300w Solar
-Tiger "Winter" package: heated pads for tanks, water heater bypass valve, heated pump.
-"Enhanced" insulation package
-Drinking water filtration system
-Outside Shower
-Safe under dinette.
-Cell phone/Wifi boosters
-Nature's Head composting toilet.
-33 Gallon Fresh, 20 Gallon Grey, NO Black tank.
-Nomadic Cooling 3000 12v AC unit

OTHER NOTES:
-Comes w/ 19" TV. We removed it since we use an Ipad for everything. New owner can re-install or leave it out.
-TV Antenna was removed and the hole in the roof sealed
-We installed a Lagun Table. We still have all the original hardware/table top, and it'll also be included.
-Original pass through cover was removed, and we sewed a custom insulated cover using cordura & thinsulate. This was to ensure our dog would stay in the temp-controlled camper during the summer.
-Original Fan/Cover was replaced by a MaxxAir Deluxe Fan.
-"Wifi Booster": we've never used, no idea. Cell Booster, however, used all the time.

I've got a job where I am frequently out-of-cell service, so please keep in mind it may take a day or more for me to respond. DM me with an email address and I'll send some videos and the original build sheet from Provan.

IMG_1626.jpg
IMG_1627.jpg
IMG_1628.jpg
IMG_1633.jpg
IMG_1634.jpg
IMG_1631.jpg

Last edited:

carleton

Thanks guys. A DM had a few questions, so posted here as well. Wanted to know about the bed situation & fuel range:

So the standard Tiger Layout has (2) beds. It's got the cabover, which is what I've slept in most often. The couch/dinette also pulls out, and that is bed #2. For mine, in involved pulling out the Lagun table (The post quick-releases). Of note with the Tiger, the pull-out bed goes up to the edge of the bathroom door, so you can still open/close the bathroom in the middle of the night.

600+ mile range on the diesel tank, I'm averaging 12+ MPG, but it's rare for me to fill the tank completely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3