Quadrotrac

Got some parts today:

19566142di.jpg

Then i started bending the next tube. This one was a bit longer and my shop is just to small. So i build a solution for it:

19566149sd.jpg

19566172hg.jpg

19566182ls.jpg

19566189yq.jpg

Works great:

19566200bx.jpg

One more finished:

19566205wk.jpg

Of course it started raining then...

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Wow:Wow1:what a great idea about building an outdoor tubing bender. That stuff ROCKS! Good work Steinez!:wings:

Got three more tubes bend up today:

19574517db.jpg

19574545db.jpg

19574555yx.jpg

19574581zb.jpg

19574592jz.jpg

19574622ni.jpg

This is by far the most challenging and time consuming work i`ve ever done in my shop. Not really happy with most of the tubes, but the tubing is way to expensive to do them again...

Thanks.

So i didn`t feel like bending tube today, so i worked on some little things:

19599875ry.jpg

First the hourmeter:

19599878ok.jpg

And the three switches. Front working lights, rear working lights and amber flashers :

19599887so.jpg

And some pics of the whole unit:

19599907jc.jpg

19600010uy.jpg

19600022qg.jpg

doug720

Expedition Leader
With all the exposed pipe work and working this thing hard, you aught to be staying nice and warm inside the cab!

Looks great as always. Keep it up.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
A guy called Woofwagon seems to like your Blazer build and has posted over on the domestic vehicle area Steinez!

karma11

Observer
Is Steinz out exploring? having an amazing adventure? i hope so, if not, i sure wish he would get his butt back in the shop and take some progress pics!! hehehehe
i love what you have done, your machining skills are awesome! keep it up!

Andrew

Thanks man. Progress is slow on the Quadrotrac cause it's raining all day long and the tubing bender is outside. Also preparing winter season, building stuff for the tempering oven some other stuff like new skis...

karma11

Observer
aahh just busy with other projects and such. well hurry up already!! hehehe (chomping at the bit here) the way you document and the amount of pictures you take is totally awesome. would love to see that kind of detail in other build ups. keep up the awesome work!!

every evening i check this thread to see if you have done something new! i know i have to be patient.

Thanks.

Progress will be slowed down a good amount. We`re starting to get our stuff going for winter season, building new skis, getting the gear and cabin ready. As soon as snow falls i`ll be out there skiing.

Also got a call today from the school i`m taking my apprenticeship as a car mechanic. The headteacher told me they`d give me a scholarship as a service engineer cause i got the best marks anyone ever had in this school. So, this will slow me down quite a bit too...

Btw., here what i did today. Template for my new powder weapons:

19784640pt.jpg

19784645zj.jpg

karma11

Observer
Very nice! and Congratulations on the scholarship!! those are always nice to have. well when you have some free time, hehe keep us posted, i know im not the only one that likes watching your build come together!

don't be a stranger to your online family
Andrew

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
This has to be the best news I have heard all year Steinez! Does that meen you will have a permanent job at the school? What better way to finance a trip to Canada. Just remember to tell them that yuou need 2 months holiday like me when you start the job. That way that cant say no when you go travelling.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach