QUICK. Tires, help please!

pajombre03

Observer
I have to purchase new tires sometime within the next two-three days, trying to convince to get 265/75/16's. I drive a 2003 montero xls,
I HAVE NO LIFT.

Would they fit? I dont care about trimming the bumper a bit, it will be replaced eventually.
I really want them, and now is the perfect opportunity, will 265/75's fit?

Eventually i plan to get an old man emu lift, so that would be better to have now, but the opportunity for these tires came first.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Monterorider

Adventurer
As long as we are talking Monteros of either vintage 285/75R16 will fit just fine without any lift. Gen1 Gen2 Gen2.5 Gen3 Gen3.5 Gen4 Gen4.5 whatever is available overseas currently.

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
They will fit fine on a Gen.III.
What flavor tire do you have in your sights?

pajombre03

Observer
Im looking at some goodyear wrangler authority. It's the walmart version of the duratrac. The reviews are nothing but good, and they seem to be excellent for the price. I will have to let you guys know in time. But im more than excited. And thank Sabre for the picture, really reassures they fit.

geocrasher

Observer
Good luck getting walmart to put on anything that isn't stock size. They're all lawyered up. They tried to tell me that my de-studded tires would leak because the studs were out LOL. They wouldn't mount them.

pajombre03

Observer
Yeah... I wasnt aware of this until this morning when we actually went into walmart. But we just ended up buying them and taking them down the street to a tire service shop, currently getting mounted and balanced for $10 a tire! With the tire shop included, its gonna come out to just around $800 flat. I'll post before and after pics.

pajombre03

Observer
Even with the beat up sagging front bumper, they don't rub. Excellent deal I think. With just the right amount of low growl while driving. I'm very very pleased.

Malern28us

I know, I know. My first post. I was going to post a question about the Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires at my Wally World. I have stock 235 75 15 and am thinking about putting on 31x10.5x15 Goodyears. Anyone got any other "must do" modifications I should consider? I do't have as much opportunity for off roading here in Northern Indiana but have my wife agreeing to make the Montero a winter vehicle:Wow1:

off-roader

Expedition Leader
I know, I know. My first post. I was going to post a question about the Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires at my Wally World. I have stock 235 75 15 and am thinking about putting on 31x10.5x15 Goodyears. Anyone got any other "must do" modifications I should consider? I do't have as much opportunity for off roading here in Northern Indiana but have my wife agreeing to make the Montero a winter vehicle:Wow1:
Which year and model are you talking about? Irregardless, if your talking a Montero or Montero Sport 31's fit without mods. Some came stock with 31s.

Malern28us

I have a 1996 Montero LS with the 3.0 liter V-6. I am open to suggestions as to which mods you would do first to a bone stock Montero. I did find the build thread for a guy that had a 1996 Montero. I didnt see any suggested performance mods. How big can I go with tires on 15 inch rims with a stock suspension and no body lift? Thanks for taking the time.

geocrasher

Observer
Although there's nothing wrong with expeditionportal, and its a good resource, most of your questions have already been answered at 4x4wire.com. Here are some links to get you started. Read them in order for best results :)

http://www.4x4wire.com/mitsubishi/
http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB69&page=0
http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=650314&an=0&page=0#Post650314
http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1269011&an=0&page=0#Post1269011

That last one, about searching, is golden so give that a shot. Then, post an intro thread! Make sure to include details about your rig in your signature so we have some context to work with (same goes for here).

Welcome to the fold!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3