Quickfist, the tool mounting solution?

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Submitted in application for the award category of "Most Gratuitous use of a Quick Fist in an expedition vehicle"

10306820_10101843373596449_673195670_n[1].jpg

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
That's so cool....
The only thing that could top it would be a wiffleball bat in a pair of QuickFists.

I could have used something a little less over the top, but I have an actual real reason for this... I run the inverter while I am rolling down the road to charge stuff rather than use my batteries when parked. I try to mostly use DC while boondocking.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I really like the Quick Fist clamps...

They work great and never slip. I have 4 more for mounting in the trailer and on the rack.

FirerescuePW

Sorry this took so long. I was away for the weekend. I just returned and took a few pics of the sagging Quick Fists:

y6a8ebaz.jpg

pany5yje.jpg

Yes, I know my sledge hammer is rusty. It's been a long winter... I'll get to it soon...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Interesting.
Thinking back, I mounted all my heavier gear vertically on the trailer. The only thing mounted horizontally was a fairly light shovel.
Looks like they still work --- just don't look quite right....

FirerescuePW

That's what I was thinking. Just does 't look right. If I were to use fender washers on the mounting bolts the mount could still bend where you see it because it is beyond the point where a washer would make contact.

Unfortunately the tools only fit horizontally.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

joelwho

Adventurer
2u6asezu.jpg

Prior to swapping out my OEM roof rack for a Gobi, I used QF as a shovel mount. Worked well. No issues

lugueto

Adventurer
I've only used quickfists for holding my lights inside the cab of my truck, but reading this thread I just might hang a shovel up on the roof rack using these things....

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Love mine. Got one each in my runner and tundra both holding a shovel. Never comes loose.
809698555bacc5d3fc20b525da9c2393_zps68d1d0b1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

toyotech

Expedition Leader
where did you get that panel the qf is mounted to, toyotech? i've been looking for something like that

Those top secret panels are similar to what other companies I have seen sell to mount molle type bags too. The ones I got was for that reason as well and only paid $10 each, got one on each side and one in my runner. Anyways I got them at a blockbuster store closing lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven