Quigley 2003 E250 tire options

viking69

Apologize in advance but have read many posts here, on sportsmobile and general google searches but still can not find a definitive answer. I just bought a 2003 e250 quigley, standard cargo van and would like to run the tallest narrow tire I can get away with on 16 inch wheels. Am partial to the new bfg at's, can someone give me a recommended size?

Thanks!

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
^^^ attachment no worky :(

when we got our Quigley it had 285/75/16's and never rubbed anywhere ever. borrowed a friends 315/75/16's for a road trip when mine were questionable and only got slight rub on the very bottom of the front bumpers when turning on compressions when wheels were about half way to lock. the typical follow the line of the wheel well opening cut on the bumper would eliminate that rub quickly. im currently running 315/75/17's and get the same exact rub once and a while, but ive upgrading to the moog (part# 880 iirc) springs which added roughly 1.5" of lift.

I cant tell you the narrowest tire you can run, but with the sizes listed you should be able to figure out roughly what you can fit. keep in mind there is no universal standard to tire sizing. one companies 285/75/16 can be way different than anothers. most companies have a spec lists available that provide you overall diameter, width, weight per tire, ideal rim widths, etc.

viking69

Thanks Shenrie, really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. Is your rig an e250 and what year, is there much difference between our trucks? Seems like there is plenty of space in the wheel wells and by measurement it looks like a 32 should fit easy. Have found best deals on tires online and want to make sure I order the right size.

Thanks!

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
Mines a 03 e350 but not sure if there are differences between the 2.

Just got done with lots of wheel and tire trials and tribulations myself, so I know exactly what you're going through. Best of luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3