R.M.E.C San Juans 2010

Mr. D

Adventurer
Terrific photos, I enjoyed growing up in co. and now I try and go back at least once every summer.

great photos, thanks for sharing, some of those are definitely frame worthy

that's an amazing spot to camp, which trail is this on?

That is on the way up Governor's Basin on the right side of the road. You really can't miss it. It's one of the very few established campsites on the trail. The view from there is one of the best I've EVER seen from a campsite. Especially with the way the clouds were rolling in and the sunset reflecting off of them. MAGICAL for sure!

yeti_in_ga

SE Expedtion Society
wow what can I say but great photos and it makes me want to get in the truck and say ^$&* it , I am going right now. :REOutCampFire03:

Thanks everyone. :sombrero:

I recently heard someone say: "If you've seen one mountain pass, you've seen them all". While this may be true for some, my experience has been this...

Besides the fantastic scenery, wildlife and history usually found along the way; over each pass, around every corner and down any valley is a breathtaking moment, no matter how small, that makes you say WOW! It's these moments that make the bumpy mountain road, endless hilly plains or desert arroyo a worthwhile place to travel.

I've learned to love them all equally :costumed-smiley-007

PHXtaco

Adventurer
:iagree:

When I first looked at this thread I thought of that comment and another complaining about multiple trip reports on the same trail and immediately thought that this thread is the perfect example of a trip I have seen several times, but was very glad it was posted anyway-- the photos were amazing and I still would not mind seeing more.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__