Ran across this today on CL...

shmabs

Explorer
Nice truck, and a decent price it would seem for what has been done to it. Might suggest this gets moved to the for sale section.

Mike

shmabs

Explorer
Kaisen,

As you have pointed out numberous times, the resale of tacoma's is high. For what those trucks fetch in my neck of the woods, thats a decent deal. I'm sure you don't agree.....

Mike

Kaisen

Explorer
Kaisen,

As you have pointed out numberous times, the resale of tacoma's is high. For what those trucks fetch in my neck of the woods, thats a decent deal. I'm sure you don't agree.....

Mike

Nationally, there are plenty of 2005 Tacoma DC 4x4 6 spds out there for $15-16K

So paying $6-7K more for some used expedition crap seems out of line, yes

Not to mention that for the same money, you could buy a Frontier Crew 4x4 6 spd with half those miles

shmabs

Explorer
Kaisen,

All valid points, but if someone is looking for a buy and go truck, without having to do any wrenching (or pay someone to do it) and without having to wait to have it built, then that might be the truck for them. And I'm not sure that i would call it "used expedition crap"....Icon coilovers, camburg control arms, ARB snorkel, demello sliders, almost new MTR's etc are all pricey items and far from what i would classify as crap, but thats just 2 cents.

If you want to get even more frustrated with the ridiculous resales of toyota's cruise on over to the humboldt county CA craigslist, its out of control up here.

FWIW, i feel the 2nd gen frontiers are vastly under-rated, having driven both, i would pick a frontier.

Mike

native_nate

It seems like a decent price. Yeah it's more than most folks would like to pay for an '05 with 100k, but it seems to have been built right without cutting corners. That being said... I would rather find one with no mods in the neighborhood of $15k and get it exactly how I want it.

OttawaXJ

Observer
Thats a great deal in my neck of the woods. 2010 with 70 000km are still going for $29 000 bone stock up here.

It actually works out cheaper to buy the truck brand new here. You only lose like 1000$ when you drive off the lot and its got no miles on it.

austintaco

Explorer
You never get what you paid for extra equipment or modifications, but I would say that you can add about 50% of the cost of the extra equipment, give or take, but it depends on how tasteful the upgrades are and who they appeal to.
I think he's starting a bit high, but knows it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven