Random Photochops (image manipulation) ...

Rob O

Adventurer
Right ... so I didn't see an existing thread on image manipulation -- aka "photochops" and didn't think this kind of stuff fit with other 'random shot' categories, so am starting a new thread. :)

Over the past several years I've done a ton of image manipulation for others and myself, for fun and for pay. As I've not been shooting much new stuff lately, I've found myself revisiting some of that work.

I'll start by sharing this one. Photo credit goes to the owner of this BMW M3, Chris S. I didn't shoot it ... I just tweaked it a bit. ;) In addition to processing the image overall, I "lowered" the car, removed the front plate and added a snazzy paintjob.

Before:

chris_s_pchop_original.jpg

After:

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
I can't seem to readily find my more recent stuff but long before I had any skill with Photoshop I still liked to play with the program:

theguys.jpg

portal.jpg

nuclearwinter.jpg

Rob O

Adventurer
BKCowGod said:
Oh, and you might want to warn Chris S. about his rubbing sidewalls :hehe:

Heh. You'd be surprised how many M3s are out there that sit much lower than in real life ... without rubbing. :smiley_drive: The slammed look isn't my style, but the rears tuck up in the wheel well pretty easily and the fronts are just a matter of using the proper offset wheel and 245 or narrow tire.

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
Oh I know... I just have a few pix of what my e28 did to the poor tires the PO had on it. He did not do it properly.

Rob O

Adventurer
Here's a retouch I did for a friend and fellow photog who does kids portraiture. He shot this as part of a newborn session for a friend of his and she requested some help taking off baby weight.

Note that I don't know the subject, so don't know what she looks like without baby weight, and only had the original 'before' jpeg to work with (no other shots of her to guide retouching).

The hardest part is adding back texture and skin tone to the manipulated area. I spent maybe a 45 minutes on this, so it could certain be better if it were a paid job. ;) In addition to removing the double chin I thinned her face and neck a bit correspondingly and adjusted her downward lip crease to more of a slight smile.

**sorry for the size; when I get home I'll pull both down and create a smaller side-by-side version with links to the originals**

Before:

noel_doublechin_fix.jpg

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
From my post #2 in this old thread, one more degree of silliness with the "cobracamper" (originally done to mess with the mind of a kit car Cobra guy I know who felt limited to driving on only the Hawaiian island he lives on).

IH8RDS

Explorer
A guy one asked the general population an a forum to photo-shop some stuff with his jeep, so I couldn't resist. 5 minute job. With more time it could be better.

Rob O

Adventurer
IH8RDS said:
A guy one asked the general population an a forum to photo-shop some stuff with his jeep, so I couldn't resist. 5 minute job. With more time it could be better.

Classic!

Rob O

Adventurer
77blazerchalet said:
From my post #2 in this old thread, one more degree of silliness with the "cobracamper" (originally done to mess with the mind of a kit car Cobra guy I know who felt limited to driving on only the Hawaiian island he lives on).

Heh ... awesome. Looks like something they'd do on Top Gear.

Rob O

Adventurer
Here's an ooooold one I did for a Subaru WRX owner who wanted to post this up as a joke on some Subie board ...

Original:

scooby_motor_original.jpg

After:

scooby_motor.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk