Random Photochops (image manipulation) ...

Rob O

Adventurer
Gratuitously post whoring to my own thread ... been a while (work) and time to get this back to the top in hopes of more contributions! ;)

This is from a few years ago.

Close to stock ...

zerin_20ae02.jpg

Ready for the track! ;)

zerin_mcd.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Working on a presentation, I took this image and converted it into a cover shot of sorts.

Straight from the Camera (RAW image format)
IMG_1601.jpg

After PhotoShop tweaking:
Cover01-624.jpg

GunnIt

Adventurer
I almost deleted this photo but with a bit of work in Adobe Lightroom 2, the one below is the final result

367085647_f29gG-M.jpg

367086310_66wXq-L.jpg

jim65wagon

On the recent Monongahela08 trip we were hiking near Bear Rocks following a "guidebook" that was telling us of the exceptional scenery, except there was nothing exceptional on the trail we were on. Some turned back, others went on. We that forged ahead "saw" the exceptional scenery - something about a waterfall, petroglyphs, and a unicorn. Exceptional became the overused word of the week and we got this cool shot out of the deal

2801774706_b760733805.jpg

Elvota

Observer
Not a "PhotoChop"... as the image was not altered besides copied and pasted back together. Some interesting results none the less.

Before:

TreeGod01a.jpg

Chopped and pasted together, named "TreeGod":

TreeGod01.jpg

Detail of the face (somehow, even eyes showed up):

TreeGod01b.jpg

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
Rob O said:
Right ... so I didn't see an existing thread on image manipulation -- aka "photochops" and didn't think this kind of stuff fit with other 'random shot' categories, so am starting a new thread. :)

Over the past several years I've done a ton of image manipulation for others and myself, for fun and for pay. As I've not been shooting much new stuff lately, I've found myself revisiting some of that work.

I'll start by sharing this one. Photo credit goes to the owner of this BMW M3, Chris S. I didn't shoot it ... I just tweaked it a bit. ;) In addition to processing the image overall, I "lowered" the car, removed the front plate and added a snazzy paintjob.

Before:

chris_s_pchop_original.jpg

After:

Although I think the flames are kinda cheesy, I get much more of a sense of movement in the second picture.

FROADER

Adventurer
I've got a bunch for this thread.

I had and email PS war with some friends. It got pretty ugly after this one, but I won. :)

I had a couple co-workers pose on this 'bike' at work.

RickRyan.jpg

Donny (FMF founder's son) and Roland Sands (Roland Sands Designs)

RS_LilD_Vegas.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk