fire.JPG

hooverdam.JPG

river2.JPG

SanFran.JPG

SanFran2.JPG

stratosphere2.JPG

stratosphere.JPG

vegas2.JPG

OK I will stop with the pictures.. for now ;)

Rob O

Adventurer
Random shots ...

Glad to see ExPo incorporates a couple of my hobbies. :)

Recent random shots ...

Kure Beach Pier (NC)

2074054872_c10e0d65a4_o.jpg

Superstition Mountains (AZ) - 9.5min exposure

1386122341_fd78880817_o.jpg

15th hole @ Whirlwind Golf Course (Wildhorse Pass Resort, AZ) - 30sec exposure taken at 11:06pm with only the moon for light

2123055352_13a1ac6650_o.jpg

Had to get one of the Taco in here ;-) (note the lightning in the distance)

1418395636_7aeefa0435_o.jpg

A couple of experiments I did with light

506866020_6caaaae76b_o.jpg

492975758_767cce5778_o.jpg

And since I saw some "beer shots", here's one I did while on vacation along the Atlantic Coast last Fall (beer in one hand, camera in the other :D)

1636017510_077e517e28_o.jpg

Clark White

Explorer
Kelsey putting in her contact.
DSC_0089B.jpg

These next two were taken at ISO 400, 20mm, F3.8. Unfortunately I don't have the remote for my camera, so 30sec is the longest I can go. I used Photoshop auto level to brighten it up. James would stand in position perfectly still for 15sec at a time. Kelsey stayed the whole 30sec in the second pic.
DSC_0084A.jpg

DSC_0085A.jpg

The last two are taken from just south of Skunk Creek, looking down on the Hassayampa River towards Wickenburg.

Clark White

Explorer
DSC_0089B.jpg

James packing up camp...
DSC_0090A-1.jpg

These next two were taken at ISO 400, 20mm, F3.8. Unfortunately I don't have the remote for my camera, so 30sec is the longest I can go. I used Photoshop auto level to brighten it up. James would stand in position perfectly still for 15sec at a time. Kelsey stayed the whole 30sec in the second pic.
DSC_0084A.jpg

DSC_0085A.jpg

The last two are taken from just south of Skunk Creek, looking down on the Hassayampa River towards Wickenburg.
DSC_0226.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

Last edited:
S

Scenic WonderRunner

New meaning of Utility! ....you can even peal in the dark with it's little LED! sweet! ....:D

2008_0222EaglePeak0006.jpg

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
Clark White said:
[
DSC_0084A.jpg

DSC_0085A.jpg

Get a flash that you can manually trigger (most SLR flashes you can manually trigger). Close up the aperture and then use the flash to highlight the person you want to float in. The extra light from the flash will brighten them up.

You need to do that early in the picture to get it set to the back ground or late if you want them to be more translucent. They won't have to stand still so long so they will be crisp.

Clark White

Explorer
Grim Reaper said:
Get a flash that you can manually trigger (most SLR flashes you can manually trigger). Close up the aperture and then use the flash to highlight the person you want to float in. The extra light from the flash will brighten them up.

You need to do that early in the picture to get it set to the back ground or late if you want them to be more translucent. They won't have to stand still so long so they will be crisp.

Thats a good idea. I need to get a flash still, and read up on how to do that, but I will definitely be giving that a try, thanks!:chowtime:

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
I'm not very good photographer, but here are a couple today from my point and shoot.
The desert is amazing. Its more green than I've ever seen. This scene is normally all brown. Still pretty, but usually browns.
Here are a couple pics from a mountain bike ride a couple hours ago.
IMG_0514_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0519_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0510_edited-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk