Range Rover Classic Vertical Vents Grille

adelatoa

Adventurer
I've decided to make my own interpretation of the vertical grille from the 1970's for my two classics. I am making a few for my own fleet and if anyone else is interested I will run a small production for those interested in one. It will be made of 5052 Aluminum and is available with or without the center fog lights. The version with fog lights will requite relocation of oil cooler and I will be providing those relocation lines so therefore the version with fog lights will cost a bit more in cost. Both versions will can be installed as you see in the rendering or you can trim off the bottom trim of your current grille and attach to cover the gap between the bumper and grille(when I make prototype with elaborate more on this detail).

Currently on a very loose quote they will be between $320-$340 for the one without fog lights. The one with Fog lights will be at minimum $50-$65 but will include the fog lights and oil cooler relocation kit. Fog lights are PROComp 5" 55watts and will be available in spot or fluted light pattern.

RRC GRILLE D90SOURCE.jpg

sydneyman

Observer
I could be on board. Ive been looking for a backdated grille for some time now. being flat stock though, and all in one piece I wonder what it would look like on the truck. glad to see this being done though!

adelatoa

Adventurer
I was sorta think I y the same. I made a cardboard mock up and I dig it it will ha e some hardware holding the pieces together so it won't be a total slate. But then again the prototype will dictate the final verdict of design. My intent is not to copy the original design 100% but a hybrid of the one piece abs plastic design and the retro metal design in three pieces.

Here is a mock up but note that I've gone away from they rounded ends on the vertical vents to a more square vent with .25" radius corners. The rounded ends were too Jeep-ish.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448833067.751739.jpg

sydneyman

Observer
i definitely like the vertical slats in the drawing better. cant wait to see the prototype, i'll have more to go on then!

azarmadillo

Adventurer
I say move the lights inside the slats higher or the transmission cooler might get in the way. If you can match the curve of the front of the vehicle then I might want one too. I would want to install a set of TruckLite 4.5" LEDs in the middle. This style would actually work better for me as my grill and headlight surrounds do not need to have the bottom protruding lip that would slide under the front bumper.

Blueboy

Adventurer
just as info, attached is a pic of the grill. slats look different from what you are planning. from what I have seen for the 70s RRC, the lights in the grill were offered by outside companies like Bubble Car in Italy. also a German company Auto Kugel GmbH offered a modified grill. OEM optional fogs were hung from the bumper and driving lights attached on top of it.
RRC slat grill.jpg

Last edited:

adelatoa

Adventurer
Cleaning up the drawings and I have been side tracked by my latest 1995 swb RRC acquisition. Funds are low for a few prototypes.

Roverclassic1995

I would definitely be interested in getting one as I have been trying to track down a nice vertical grille for my 95 for a year or two now

azarmadillo

Adventurer
My vertical grill with the twin spot lights has arrived from the UK. I have some advice for you if you're going to move ahead with your prototype. You have my number, please call me.

vertical_grill-pre-delivery.jpg

Last edited:

adelatoa

Adventurer
The vertical retro grilles are in. They are all one piece like the stock grille for installation. Note #3 and #4 from the top down are a three piece assembly. #2 from the top down has a 7" diameter inner lights designed around the Hella 500. #3 has a 5" diameter holes for ProComp 5" lights.

You will need the lower lip from your plastic grille to close the gap from the grille to bumper. Holes on grilles are pre cut ready for as a guide for your lower lip.

As of now #2 is sold but can make more with a lead time of 1-2 weeks. $375 plus shipping. For this first batch I'll offer them at $375 shipped. Act Now! Operators standing by.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456278202.700983.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1456278217.008824.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456278254.110155.jpg

Lokalmotion

Very interested in the RRC vertical grille

I just PMed you about the grille, I am very interested. One without the fog lights.

adelatoa

Adventurer
The prototypes have all been sold. Gearing up to make the next batch and they are $375 in any configuration with our without inner lights plus $37 Shipping in the continental U.S. Your lower plastic lip will have to be cut off your existing grille to match the body color of your RRC. Contact me if you want a spare lower lip to see if I may have any available for sale(body color on lip varies).

Attachments

• IMG_9146.jpg
    IMG_9146.jpg
    511.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9140.jpg
    IMG_9140.jpg
    520 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9133.jpg
    IMG_9133.jpg
    515.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9107.jpg
    IMG_9107.jpg