Range Rover Sport - wannabe overlander

ChaseN

On a side note is that photo of you and the AR's from up at the Cove? If so you've probably seen me up there, I usually roll 1911's and a HK416.

Yes that is the Cove! I'm normally there on weekdays as my work is very flexible and (as you can see) the range is typically empty. I do go on the weekends occasionally though, and have seen a 416 (or MR556) up there before. Probably was you, as there are not too many of those floating around :drool: I used to go up in my old dark green fzj80.

Let me know next time you are going on a rail run, if you don't mind. Would love to tag along.

Also, thanks for the suggestions on forums, everybody. I've got some reading to do...

umbertob

Adventurer
RangeRovers.net is probably one of the best sources for information, the only downside is that since it has a large international base

Not really, at least on the RRS forum (where I usually hang out) 90% of the members appear to be from the US.

ChaseN, my 2006 RRS is only mildly modified for overlanding... 18" rims with larger tires like yours, plus a set of RS sliders and Llams electronic height controller to lift the suspensions on demand, and an IIDTool for diagnostics / fault clearing in the boonies... I am doing more modding on my 2013 LR4, just because the stuff is more readily available for that model. Anyway, I hope to see you on rangerovers.net soon.

RangeBrover

Explorer
Yes that is the Cove! I'm normally there on weekdays as my work is very flexible and (as you can see) the range is typically empty. I do go on the weekends occasionally though, and have seen a 416 (or MR556) up there before. Probably was you, as there are not too many of those floating around :drool: I used to go up in my old dark green fzj80.

Let me know next time you are going on a rail run, if you don't mind. Would love to tag along.

Also, thanks for the suggestions on forums, everybody. I've got some reading to do...

I'll keep you posted, let me know if you want to head up to the cove this summer, I'd be game for a midweek trip.

LR Max

Local Oaf
Check out the RRS down in Australia. Those guys push those trucks all the way.

I like the RRS, just seems like there isn't as much out there aftermarket wise. However if you can build your own stuff then it doesn't matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design