Rare Rover -- and Greetings from a new member.

shedlock2000

Observer
Greetings All!

I just wanted to slide by and say "hi". I found this great forum while seeking ideas and solutions to augmenting my new LR3 (photos coming soon). However, I wanted to share with you the love of my life -- my 1980 4 door classic, which I have nursed up to and over 1,000,000km. I found her derelict in some guy's back garden, and re-furbished her to her current glory. She flipped the million just before Christmas last year, and I took the opportunity to rebuild the engine about 50,000km ago. However, otherwise, she remains original (with the exception of some regular bits: water pump, fuel tank, fuel pump, springs, etc.).

Hopefully, any of you who read Rovers Magazine shall be seeing a bit of an article on her sometime this year!

Anyway, here are some photos!!IMG_2623.jpgIMG_1821.jpgIMG_1175.jpgIMG_0016.jpgIMG_1829.jpgIMG_1316.jpgIMG_1635.jpgIMG_0015.jpgIMG_0003.jpg

I bought her with plans to complete the Pan-American highway (still a dream). However, the friends I was going to go with ended up finding girlfriends -- and then life happened. I am working on the LR3 such that I can hopefully attend a few shortish expeditions on this side of the continent before I head home to the UK to complete my Ph.D. The new LR3 is my 41st Solihull vehicle; I used to compete in RTV challenges in the UK (becoming national champion for a while). However, I have always wanted to get more into the expedition trips. I guess growing up with the Camel Trophy affects a guy!

I look forward to chasing up some US expeditions that can be undertaken with members of this forum on a student-ish budget!

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
I absolutely love these early 4 doors. I almost bought one about a year ago (1984) but did not have the space to take it in :( It came with another 1983 4 door with the early 727 3 speed auto as a parts donor, as well.

I'd love to have one one day. Yours looks great in blue!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz