Rebuild or Replace?

Bodo

Adventurer
one little thibg on the motor it changes EVERYTHING....usually reliabilty and/or daily drivability goes out the window. Not to mention emissions regulations, mpg, drivetrain and transmission stress, etc.

With the stroker, not really. Nothing special needs to be done to the engine that wouldn't be done in a rebuild. The engine fits exactly like a stock one does because it is essentially a stock motor externally. If you have the AW4, it will easily handle the additional HP and torque. I've been driving mine for almost a year now as a daily driver and it's like the original. Only better :bike_rider:

Now you can still do a stroker or build of your choice with these principles in mind, but you're going to need the knowledge and experience to help.

Keep is simple. Can't argue with that logic :sombrero:

Boogalooper

Yes I did know the 4.7 is a V8, a stroked 4.0 is usually a 4.6 right?

I've been thinking about just doing a standard rebuild, not strokeing it just yet, because I have 2 4.0's to rebuild, and countless other projects to deal with in the next 4 months. The following 4 months are dealing with transmissions/brake systems and suspensions. So in those 4 month I hope to have all new brakes, my lift in and a rebuilt transmission.

Then the last semester is dealing with engine performance, I think when we're dealing with those 4 months of class then I may dive into the stroker. Only time will tell though, who knows it may change tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl