RECCOMENDATIONS FOR BACK BUMPER

Hi All how about some recommendations for a back bumper.
Criteria:
has tire carrier or can add tire carrier later
not too costly
doesn't squeak when on a washboard road
not too heavy

ability to add extras Gas can high lift jack shovel etc

Weeds

Adventurer
I have the Rockhard. It never rattles and can haul gas, jack and rack above the tire. You can add parts as you need or have funds. It also has a hitch built in. If you buy directly from vendor reps on the other Jeep forums you can get a discount. It is made in the USA. good luck on your choice.

Bill_S

This is a home built . A little bit heavy, but durable and doesn't rattle. Just giving you some ideas.
86a4d947b0f39b851d0c0c397a35da43.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I really like Hanson bumpers. Totally bomber construction. Very solid tire carrier.

IMG_3596-X3.jpg

IMG_3597-X3.jpg

GetOutThere

Adventurer
If we're talking JK:

Check out the LOD Gen 4 with tire carrier.

Light, less expensive than most competitors, can be had linked to the tailgate, or latched, and has tons of additional options and goodies to choose from.

I also like JCR.

FastGlass

Adventurer
Not sure what "too costly" is, but I'm all in for the Expedition One trail series rear w swing away tire carrier. Due in a week or so. They do not rattle, are very well built and the new tire carrier coming out for it is purported to be able to carry all sorts of extra add ons...

rubicon91

Explorer
If we're talking JK:

Check out the LOD Gen 4 with tire carrier.

Light, less expensive than most competitors, can be had linked to the tailgate, or latched, and has tons of additional options and goodies to choose from.

I also like JCR.

I love my LOD Rear Bumper. I do not have the linked one as you cannot run all the other stuff with it linked. I have the Gen 4 one as well. Chris at LOD great guy to work with. Also have their armor lite front bumper. The last picture here is their Jeep 2 years ago at Sema that I fell in love with. Sorry for the not so great pics of mine only ones I have at the moment of the rear bumper.

Attachments

• IMG_1957.jpg
    IMG_1957.jpg
    554.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1956.jpg
    IMG_1956.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 20
  • stc1002_detail.jpg
    stc1002_detail.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 21

MJCake1

If we're talking Tacoma I have the CBI Offroad Trail Ryder 2.0 with fold up camp table, telescoping Rigid Dually Diffusion light, single Jerry can holder, shovel, highlight jack and Fire extinguisher holders.
8f1e1d982720a2cc45d969008f32e4d5.jpg

Sorry don't have any closeups handy but you see the swing out here.
Check them out online just Google cbioffroad

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
I love my LOD Rear Bumper. I do not have the linked one as you cannot run all the other stuff with it linked. I have the Gen 4 one as well. Chris at LOD great guy to work with. Also have their armor lite front bumper. The last picture here is their Jeep 2 years ago at Sema that I fell in love with. Sorry for the not so great pics of mine only ones I have at the moment of the rear bumper.

The AEV has almost 5 gallons of water storage, but doesn't have the rack. Both things are pretty important for me. And since no one bumper has both, it comes down to choosing between the two.
So I went out and priced both at the same vendor.
AEV loaded and adding on $50 for a hitch came to $2,730
LoD loaded (less LEDs) and adding on $108 for two 5 gallon Jerry cans $1,767. For half the difference I can get a custom stainless tank made to fit under the JK, so I'm going with the LoD, after EJS.

rubicon91

Explorer
I would call Chris direct at LOD and have him work up a deal for you. I bet you can get the bumper trail rack and rotopax mounts for less. He worked up a deal each time for me on my items this past year. I love it. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Good idea, thanks!
As an FYI, Rock Hard has a similar bumper to LoD, it's about $60 cheaper overall (from the same vendor's website as my above post), but it is heavier, and doesn't include reverse lights.
I've read good reviews from people who have them though. So if lights and weight aren't an issue, it would be another great American made choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner