RECCOMENDATIONS FOR BACK BUMPER

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Yes but after the coating you would have a much better product. I am powder coater and the expense is well worth it.

rubicon91

Explorer
Good idea, thanks!
As an FYI, Rock Hard has a similar bumper to LoD, it's about $60 cheaper overall (from the same vendor's website as my above post), but it is heavier, and doesn't include reverse lights.
I've read good reviews from people who have them though. So if lights and weight aren't an issue, it would be another great American made choice.

If it is the vendor's website I think you are referring to it is one of the few things that I have seen on there that I could get cheaper going direct. After I buy the mounts and rotopax I would still be probably around $200 less than what you stated in an earlier post. And that was with shipping included. However I have also had my rear bumper for almost a year now so not sure if prices have changed at all in that time frame.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
http://www.flatland4x4.com/product4.html

I've seen a couple people who claim they've paid $230 for the material and the cutting of the material, and then spend about 12 hours welding and grinding. Painting it would be the only worries I think...paying for powder coat may bet costly.

Bought their plans for the WJ front bumper w/o winch, and it was nicely laid out. Have all the steel cut out and ready to weld up, then sold the WJ, so never built it.
It is not tab and slot construction, so careful jigging and welding is important to get a nice straight professional looking result.
If it is the vendor's website I think you are referring to it is one of the few things that I have seen on there that I could get cheaper going direct. After I buy the mounts and rotopax I would still be probably around $200 less than what you stated in an earlier post. And that was with shipping included. However I have also had my rear bumper for almost a year now so not sure if prices have changed at all in that time frame.

If I was a gambling man, I'd bet you are right. The web site I was looking at is Northridge 4x4 (sorry, I should have wrote that earlier). I can't remember off the top of my head if it was the same, cheaper or more expensive. They carry a lot of the product that I am looking at, so figured when the time is right I'd just do one major purchase.
I plan to do the Jerry can mounts.

rubicon91

Explorer
Bought their plans for the WJ front bumper w/o winch, and it was nicely laid out. Have all the steel cut out and ready to weld up, then sold the WJ, so never built it.
It is not tab and slot construction, so careful jigging and welding is important to get a nice straight professional looking result.

If I was a gambling man, I'd bet you are right. The web site I was looking at is Northridge 4x4 (sorry, I should have wrote that earlier). I can't remember off the top of my head if it was the same, cheaper or more expensive. They carry a lot of the product that I am looking at, so figured when the time is right I'd just do one major purchase.
I plan to do the Jerry can mounts.

Hahaha yep that's it. I love me some NR. Their new layaway program may get me divorced when it is all said and done. I have bought trek armor seat covers new gears locker and am finishing up my gobi rack purchase with them this month. I did get my lod stuff cheaper going to lod. Not sure now but before yes. The discount code at NR doesn't include lod so. Good luck on everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner