Removal of Sway Bar (Isuzu)

jl8088

Adventurer
Has anyone here removed their front swaybar on their Isuzu (Trooper specifically)?

I've been keeping my eye on the product from Independent4X.com that makes it removeable. I'd like to have the option to quickly remove it (at the trailhead) and then replace it when i drive back on the highway as it is there for a reason.

I've heard that it really allows the IFS to flex and makes it a ton better off-road. I wanted to get some feedback from anyone who has done this.

Thanks!

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
I don't have disconnects, I just pulled the thing off and really have never looked back. I took it off for a few trips when I bought the truck and put it back on for the winter. About half way through the winter I decided that the ride was better with it off, and I could live with the negative handling traits (more roll in corners, more wander in a straight line). The sway bar essentially takes the "independent" out of the IFS. With the bar connected, hitting a bump in a corner made the truck jump. With the bar off, the front suspension can absorb a lot more.

See if you can get Matt to explain how the disconnects work. There are a lot of pretty smart people who decided that there was no good way to disconnect the front.

I have no knowledge of the rear sway bar disconnects that he sells. I could be mistaken, but I think my shocks are the limiting factor in the rear with the OME 919 springs.

jl8088

Adventurer
thanks for the replies and the input. I'm basically trying to make the trooper as good as i can off-road without getting too crazy or expensive. The sway bars seem like a good idea to tinker with.

Bella PSD

Explorer
I had an Isuzu Spacecab (3" lift) that I removed the front sway bar for better suspension flex with the IFS, and it worked! Never put it back on because on the road ride felt the same, and trust me, I tested it out to see how it would handle.

Louie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal