Replacing hehr front slider window with solid window...glass or whole unit? Anybody done it?

My front slider at the cab side (AT Bobcat, 2017) leaks so much water (and dust) I just cant stand it anymore, especially after this winter of the endless white death.

Has anyone done this sort of thing before on any Hehr or 5900 slider? The leaky slider is a pretty chronic problem IIRC.
Its a Hehr 5900 center slider as best I can ascertain without disassembly, Ill get all the rest of the specs and part # before ordering of course.

I want to scrap the slider guts and install a solid piece of glass that I can seal properly and stop leaking. I live where it snows too much and its becoming an issue after a year. Now that Ive built it up from a shell, its harder to do damage control when driving in rain/snow and water just pours in, harder to towel up and now theres stuff for it to get under. Doesnt leak anywhere else. I never open the slider, the Bobcattus has plenty of vent, FF, etc.

Im hoping I can just pull the slider ass'y and install a solid piece in the frame, hoping to get a hehr unit, but just starting research, gonna contact a couple sources I found and see whats what. Im also hoping its not the frame sealing to the camper thats leaky too, if anyone knows if this is a common problem or not. Summer dirty dusty desert mountain season is coming and the Colodieselbobcat is hungry for some peakbaggery, but will pass on unnecessary gulps of dust.

Thanks in advance for advice, japes, slander, or even well-done insults. Make em funny.

Last edited:
Sorta, it would be ghetto and Id have to redo it often. The center slider part slides bth ways so caulking would be the only thing holding it shut and in place. Ive thought about it and its still an option if it costs $texas to swap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal