Rescue Trailer Build

Zack A

Won the bid on the old trailer behind my rescue building. Not 100% sure what model trailer yet but I'm thinking M100? I need to cut out the bottom and replace the floor other then that because it has been painted at least twice not much rust on the bottom or sides. Plan on sanding it down this month and hopefully start priming it. Ordered LED brake lights last night since none of the lights worked. I need to figure out what size rims and tires I can fit on here. Still trying to decide on what all I wont to do. Any input will be appreciated.

IMG_20110127_152305.jpg

IMG_20110127_152311.jpg

IMG_20110127_152323.jpg

IMG_20110127_152333.jpg

JKDetonator

Adventurer
You are correct, it is a WWII or Korean War era M100. It appears to be stock and in relatively good shape except for the replacement of the lunette with a shoddy ball coupler, and the tool box mounted on the front. There are places to purchase the original lunette on the interweb and of course there's always the multi-axis couplers that are available. It looks like a good start; it is also the same trailer that I started with and I'm very pleased with mine.

Escout

Thats an awesome deal, I've been looking for one for 6 months now nothing even close to that price...

I'm curious to see how this progresses.

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
That's a great deal!!

The lug pattern will be 5 on 5 1/2", same as the Jeep CJ, and older Dodge and Ford 1/2 ton trucks. The trailer wheels should be 16", but you can run a 15" wheel with no problems.

Most aftermarket wheels will fit it, but factory Ford and Dodge steel wheels (usually) won't, becuase the center on them are to small.

Here's a site for any stock items: http://www.midwestmil.com/trailerparts.html

I saw one site that had body panels, I think they had replacement floors. Trying to find it.

Zack A

I think I can salvage the rim other then I need to replace the valve stems. I need to figure out what kind of rubber I need to get.

Zack A

Thanks for all the comments guys. Since it was about 60 degrees compared to the 30-40's we have been having I went out today to look over the trailer. I was able to pull the drain plugs in case it gets water in it. After that I sprayed out the tub and was surprised when I started seeing bare metal, so what I thought was rusted may be able to be sanded and salvaged. Instead of replacing the whole bottom I'm going to cut out the section that is rusted threw and put a plate on it.

I also noticed that I don't have any shocks. What kind can I use? Will skyjacker shocks work to replace the missing ones?

Thanks again guys.

womacje

Adventurer
I have been shock shopping as well, you can use just about anything for an early CJ5 front. If you lift it, just take into consideration the added travel needs. My local O'Reilly's Auto Parts has Rancho's that will work for my M416, should be the same shocks.

Looks great! Killer price too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal