RKS Purpose

altonsavagenye

Over the last year, this forum has been invaluable during my research on the best trailer option for my family up here in the PNW, and being able to follow the progress over time of specific brands and models was extremely helpful. So, to pay it forward and to hopefully help others who may have future questions about the RKS Purpose trailer, I wanted to document some of our experiences as the earliest adopter from a start-up in this field. With two small kids and a wife who enjoys being outdoors as long as she also has the ability to get clean and put her makeup on every day, the Purpose edged out the Overkill S0510 for us, though I will admit that I have gone back and forth wondering if we made the right call, as I still love the Overkill slide-out design. But we're excited to be the first owners of the RKS product too, and hopeful that our bet on a pre-production company will pay off long-term.

We are heading to Las Vegas next week to pick up the first production model from RKS. They moved to a dealer network model after we'd agreed to purchase one from them directly, so we'll be working with xGrid Campers to take delivery; Loren has been pretty great at answering some early questions and helping solidify the logistics with us surrounding the pick-up.

I wanted to start this thread before we got there next week in case there are any questions people might have that could best be answered by the RKS team while we're doing the in-person walkthrough with them. Once we take delivery and drive it back up to Oregon, I'll add some pictures and some initial thoughts, and keep updating this thread throughout the summer as we put the trailer through the paces, but I figure next week will be our best chance to get some questions answered by Travis and Elisabeth in person, so wanted to put this post up sooner to offer any chances for pre-emptive questions about their trailers or future plans.

I will note that RKS is delivering two Purpose trailers to xGrid next week, so one will remain behind in Las Vegas for potential customers to come put their hands on. If you've been wanting to get a closer look at the RKS offering, it sounds like Las Vegas will be your best bet in the near future, though they also have dealer agreements in CO and TX, so they will hopefully have more units for people to see and feel in the near future.

Look forward to joining the trailer life crew. We'll see how this experiment with a start-up goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78