rocky road.

trooper8807

I am ready to pick up some ome rear coils. I was wondering if anyone has ordered from rocky road? Curious of the customer service and turn around time is like.

I am ready to pick up some ome rear coils. I was wondering if anyone has ordered from rocky road? Curious of the customer service and turn around time is like.

I've heard bad things about Rocky Road... But I have never done business with them either.

Give Jacque at TRDParts4U a call 866-233-4305, tell him Scott (LaOutbackTrail) sent you his way. He can get them to you, I ordered my springs from him a couple weeks ago.

I like my OME expedition heavies 938. They are stiff of course, but are not harsh at all with the stock shocks remaining in place.

trooper8807

Which vehical did you select I didn't see the montero. Ide like to compare prices.

Also what kind of turn around time did you have.

shmabs

Explorer
Coils

I just got my rear OME coils from kurt and cruiseroutfitters, great price and shipping was fast!

Mike

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Which vehical did you select I didn't see the montero. Ide like to compare prices.

Also what kind of turn around time did you have.
Montero = Pajero in 90% of the countries where it's sold.
Pajero is named after a kind of wild cat but it's also a bad word in spanish so they use Montero in countries where spanish is widely spoken instead.

HARABAS

Observer
Not bad, not great. I ordered OME shocks for my Montero through Rocky Road online last year and didn't have a bad experience. It took about a week for the rear shocks to arrive then another week for the fronts. I've called a couple times to ask questions about shipping time and about sliders. While I got the answers I needed, I didn't get a general sense of "Service Culture". But this is me coming from industries where customer service is paramount.

So far my experience with the 4WD after market industry indicates a general lack of service standards. I suggest, if you're wary, to source out what you need locally. I got OME coils from a local ARB dealer who ordered it out of Australia. Turn around was one week.

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
I just talked to Will at Sierra Exp. today...
I ordered a set of rear HD springs and shocks for my Gen III Montero. (Blew out a med. duty shock last week in the desert- too fast with too much weight.)
He told me they would arrive by the end of the week... and threw in the shipping cost.

I also called Rocky Road...
Although their price was a few dollars cheaper, they told me it would not arrive for three weeks, or more.

PolarXJ

Observer
I've dealt with Rocky Road a couple of times. Both have been very decent experiences. Granted I didn't have them ship anything. Being that I live a valley to the west, when I was in the area, I just stopped by.

fatrat

SE Expedition Society
I just ordered my OME equipment from the local 4Wheel Parts. I got a great deal w/ really cheap shipping. I got the complete suspension kit shipped from Australia for $75 cheaper then Rocky Road.

trooper8807

Its hard to find a arb dealer around here...there price is close to rocky road but I don't have to pay shipping....with shocks coils and tortion bars it will be 1190 installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven